Where's the wood?
(07-24-2020, 04:58 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:             Last time I checked a couple suppliers they were wanting $4+ for FAS red oak and often what is sold as FAS isn't any better than #1 common. The oil drilling marked died off well before Covid hit. It's been very cyclical since the 80s and there is no way to count on stability in oil drilling here.

I have been doing car stuff lately so if I were to find a really good deal on lumber I don't have anywhere to store it right now. Gotta get the car finished for the better half then I can build one for me... Working on the quarters now. Everything firewall forward is new(that means everything) Next is to build a rotisserie so I can blast and paint the bottom.[Image: 20200710-155929-HDR.jpg]

Soooo.. How long you been working on that one?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(07-25-2020, 06:13 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Soooo.. How long you been working on that one?

Got it in moved from the garage ot the shop at the beginning of January 2019. I should have it back on it's wheels by january next year. Need to decide what direction I am going with the front suspension. Rear axle will be replaced with one from an Explorer (posi, disk brakes and better ratio and under $100). Here is a link to a build thread I have over at a mustang site. 
      It's going somewhat fast because mustangs are the cheapest cars to restore. Parts are dirt cheap for them because they were plentiful and... They didn't get the nickname Rustang for nothing.
        Hoping to pick up a 70 Chevelle or El Camino for the next project in the spring. Or something completely different I might like.