National critique
One of my pieces was picked and critiqued for the AAW symposium. Great feedback from the panel.

Attached Files Image(s)

If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(07-11-2020, 08:02 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: One of my pieces was picked and critiqued for the AAW symposium. Great feedback from the panel.

What did they say?  
Confused
(07-12-2020, 06:39 AM)KC Wrote: What did they say?  
Confused

^^^^^^^^ what he said
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Would love to read the review. I am always amazed by the wondeful coloring you do.
They really liked the use of trash wood and the process used to stabilize it. They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape. My intent all during this was to take the normal round and brown in a different direction.
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(07-12-2020, 10:21 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: They really liked the use of trash wood and the process used to stabilize it. They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape. My intent all during this was to take the normal round and brown in a different direction.

Like most of your work, it's stunning.  
Yes
Wait a minute I like brown and round too! Can see why this one grabbing folks attention! Thank for sharing.
Bill
That's great!                                             .
(07-12-2020, 10:21 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: They really liked the use of trash wood and the process used to stabilize it. They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape. My intent all during this was to take the normal round and brown in a different direction.

Like the old saying goes :One mans trash is another's treasure:
Yes
Yes

For me I want to collect pieces of burl, curl, or spalted wood to cast into other things not just bottle stoppers.  I have tried a few with the guys and they just cost to much to buy and can get 3 or 4 pens for the same price.  I gave the ones I had to the guys to make their own but can not or I should say not willing to buy more and invest in other things and tell them to buy what they wish.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I honestly do not understand this comment: They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape.

I think it looks great on the form you used. What do they consider a "more contemporary shape" to be?