Need help on that material to use
(07-13-2020, 07:35 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: How about 1/4" Masonite (hardboard)? It's tougher than MDF and not nearly as heavy.

This would be my first choice.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(07-13-2020, 09:51 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: This would be my first choice.

And if you're planning to wallpaper both sides, that should take up any looseness in the grooves.

Kevin
(07-12-2020, 05:20 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Funny; I was going to suggest similar if it’s used in a dry location and has no structural purpose.

Same here and thinking the frame will not hold anything solid unless you install bigger hinges.

Also just thinking out loud here.

You can use interior paneling and put the closed white foam in-between in several areas to keep the panels from rattling when shutting or opening or when a big winds comes in and shakes them like a dampener or even putting a whole sheet of the white foam in it.  That would make it quite light.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
My hardboard/Masonite sources are all undersized for nominal 1/4" - Home Depot, Menard's, Lowes.

Lowes sells 4' x  8'  sheets of PVC board.  Waterproof, light, flat and accepts paint.  Not cheap though, but with a smooth paintable surface on both sides.  100% rot proof and insect proof.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/AZEK-Actual-0-3...lsrc=aw.ds

I am not sure where you can find single sheets of Gator Board, but it is very light, and has a smooth hard finish on both sides.  I've see 1/2" thick in 48" x 96" sizes.  It is available in white or black.

Gator board is foam board with a wood fiber laminations on both sides instead of paper on both sides.  It is very light.  You can cut it with a utility knife.  Rigid, paintable, rot proof.  About $100.00 per sheet though.  Most vendors sell this in full cartons. It will take some research to find someone to sell on sheet.

Uline sells three sheets per carton at $103.00 per sheet ($309.00 + tax + shipping).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Just ordered a five pack of 48" x 72" corrugated double wall cardboard sheets from Staples after checking with mfg on thickness (5/16"). Delivered to my home for less than $30. I'll post again to let everyone know if, or how  they worked. Thanks again for all the input. Papa Jim
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!