WTB Stanley #3 for My Son
My son, who is in elementary school, is really interested in woodworking now.  He always wants to help out at the bench.  So I'm slowly collecting hand tools for him. Here's a little post I wrote up about his tool box.  We have a pretty good basic collection in the works, but I want to get him a #3 size smoothing plane.  He really likes mine, and I think it's the kind of tool he can grow into--and hopefully keep and use for the rest of his life. 

Here's what I have in mind: Stanley #3 smoothing plane, WWII-era or earlier.  I don't need something in mint condition, just something with good bones.  Dirt and surface rust are just fine--I can clean and fettle a handplane with no problem, and it could even be a project that my son and I could do together.  I'm hoping for something in the $30-$40 range.  I have PayPal. 

You can PM me, reply to this thread, and/or email me at lastwordsmith@gmail.com
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
PM sent...................
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks, Arlin!!
Steve S.
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Okay, thanks folks! I think I have what I need now.
Steve S.
- T. S. Eliot