Nova 4" Jaws
What is the ideal tenon size for the Nova 4" jaws?  I am preparing a 14" rough bowl for my nephew.  I know he has the Nova chuck with three jaw sets.  I looked at the Nova description and all I find is 4".  I don't know if that is the maximum tenon or the maximum mortice.  My nephew is rather new to turning and his job has him on the road this week so he's no help.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(07-13-2020, 01:03 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: What is the ideal tenon size for the Nova 4" jaws?  I am preparing a 14" rough bowl for my nephew.  I know he has the Nova chuck with three jaw sets.  I looked at the Nova description and all I find is 4".  I don't know if that is the maximum tenon or the maximum mortice.  My nephew is rather new to turning and his job has him on the road this week so he's no help.

Teknatool used to have a good table of tenon and mortise sizes for jaws on chucks (need both pieces of info) on their website. I would look there. Alternatively, if you are using Nova chucks, I think that there was a size list packed with the chucks.

Sorry but I don't have access to either of those at the moment.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
From the Website here is the range of sizes.

EXPANDING GRIP
96.8mm (3.81”) – 118mm (4.64”)
CONTRACTING GRIP
Square: 77mm (3.03”) – 56mm (2.2”)
Spigot: 99mm (3.89”) – 76mm (2.99”)
(07-13-2020, 01:03 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: What is the ideal tenon size for the Nova 4" jaws?  I am preparing a 14" rough bowl for my nephew.  I know he has the Nova chuck with three jaw sets.  I looked at the Nova description and all I find is 4".  I don't know if that is the maximum tenon or the maximum mortice.  My nephew is rather new to turning and his job has him on the road this week so he's no help.
Thank you James.     

"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood