Cat-and-a-half
So the girlfriend has asked for some personalized beds for the cats. First up is the box for Wiskers (aka Cat-and-a-half). She's bigger on boxes than Jake but his is waiting for glueup on the bench.

Once the 2nd box is done I'll apply a few coats of WB poly to keep them clean. And Brenda will be crafting some padding. 

The box joints were done with the Shaper Origin in 1/2" BB ply. Still amazed at how accurate it can do them. I specify how much of the fingers I want sticking proud and that's what I get. Likewise I tell it how much to allow for glue and that controls the fit. Pulled out a new spiral bit (a CMT from Menards for the record, maybe $15) and it did a great job. No problems with tearout.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Nice box, the joinery does look top notch.
Had to look up the Shaper Origin.  Interesting machine.  I'm amazed it turned out joints that tight being a hand held.  You should post a video demo sometime.

Nice looking box.  It looks like the cat might be wanting a little more privacy added in.  
Laugh
(07-15-2020, 07:19 AM)stav Wrote: Had to look up the Shaper Origin.  Interesting machine.  I'm amazed it turned out joints that tight being a hand held.  You should post a video demo sometime.

Nice looking box.  It looks like the cat might be wanting a little more privacy added in.  
Laugh

The official video documentation/demo :

This is one software revision behind and using a shop-made workholding solution. There is now a much more capable workholding solution commercially made. But the plywood jig works great. The software update didn't really change how the boxjoints are cut but did make some significant updates to the grid solutions.
After you are done with the cat boxes make a big one and put it on the floor.  When she asks why you can tell her it is for the dog you bought.
Big Grin
Big Grin

She is ONLY a girl friend anyway. 
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-15-2020, 07:19 AM)stav Wrote: Had to look up the Shaper Origin.  Interesting machine.  I'm amazed it turned out joints that tight being a hand held.  You should post a video demo sometime.

Laugh

Same animal will sit in the front window and clean its nether regions. Privacy and modesty are not of much concern.
(07-15-2020, 04:39 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Same animal will sit in the front window and clean its nether regions. Privacy and modesty are not of much concern.

My cats would look at me like, "Yeah... thanks, dad."  And then go find something else that was THEIR idea.  
Laugh

It is a nice looking box, tho.  
Yes
Nice project.  

My cats think my bed is their bed.  

John
(07-15-2020, 05:37 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Nice project.  

My cats think my bed is their bed.  

John

Us 2 but we have 9 cats of which 6 think our bed is their's & they just let use it.

Nice idea on the box.
Jim