Multi Tool suggestions
I need to buy a Multi tool to remove some wall tiles.
I am interested in multi tool with dust collection port.
Doing some research I found that Bosch  and Festool have dust collection attachments.
Festool only works on cordless version.

Any one used dust collection attachments, have any suggestions on Multi tool?

Thanks
I haven't used a multi-tool very much but when I have it never created much dust.  The oscillating action doesn't generate dust like a rotary cutter does.  FWIW, the variable speed HF multi-tool I use seems to do everything I ask of it.  

John
(07-17-2020, 11:37 AM)jteneyck Wrote: I haven't used a multi-tool very much but when I have it never created much dust.  The oscillating action doesn't generate dust like a rotary cutter does.  FWIW, the variable speed HF multi-tool I use seems to do everything I ask of it.  

John

Ditto here about producing dust, to me it would be a waste of money to pay more for dust collection, if anything just use a shop vac.  Good to know about the HF multi tool.

I have Kobalt (Lowes brand) pneumatic multi tool, and I love it.  It's well made, cheap, pretty powerful and I can use it with my portable air compressor just fine.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
(07-17-2020, 10:22 AM)Jack01 Wrote: I need to buy a Multi tool to remove some wall tiles.
I am interested in multi tool with dust collection port.
Doing some research I found that Bosch  and Festool have dust collection attachments.
Festool only works on cordless version.

Any one used dust collection attachments, have any suggestions on Multi tool?

Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want a multi tool for that project?  It's not the first thing that comes to mind for removing tiles.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
You need tool-less blade change as you main requirement.  You will find that being able to reposition the blade quickly is a godsend.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I have a multi-tool (DeWalt) and it works well.  They all have interchangeable blades from one brand to the next.

When I was working in the bathroom and tight quarters I really wished I had a cordless version.  Cordless makes sense with this tool as you typically do not make a lot of cuts with it.

Are you planning on using the multi-tool for removing the grout?  If not just use a flat faced pry bar and a hammer.  It will be much faster.

On TV the tiles fall off the wall in sheets.  In my 1953 vintage home it took a hammer drill and lots of sweat to get it off the wall.  The tiles were so tenacious that I ended up removing the plaster and starting over.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The last time that I rehabbed a bathroom, the dust from the tile mastic and grout was too fine for most dust collector filters.

If your experience is like mine, you are much better off wearing an N95 or better face mask and just letting the dust fall to the floor. Then, use wet paper towels to clean it up. The dust will just blow through the filters of a shopvac. Then, it goes all over the place (including the bearings for your shopvac motor).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I had a Bosch, it gave up the ghost without much serious use in about 5 years. Bought a HF version, works just fine. I don't see dust being a major problem; I recently used mine to remove grout around tiles in my shower to regrout and dust was really not an issue; I did use a mask however.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have the corded Bosch tool. As others have mentioned, doesn't make much dust. Have used it a "ton" and would buy it again.

Doug
I see good deals on Craigslist for Fein tools pretty regularly. I got one myself. It is quite s bit better than the HF version but I had that one as well and it worked well too.