Multi Tool suggestions
I don't think you can do better than the Fein: very heavy duty.
Online somewhere there is a huge debate about the quality of HF models. It's between a couple of professional contractors. One argues about the durability of his Fein and how if it needs repairs, he sends it away. The other argues about the quality and affordability of the HF version. He buys them in bulk when on sale for around $15. When one bites the dust, he goes to his truck, grabs another and is back to work. He figures he can do these numerous times before he reaches the price point of a Fein. He also states that this rarely happens. I own the Genesis corded version and the 18v Makita. I highly recommend both.

Just an fyi.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Never had a problem with either. I will say the blades that come with the HF version are pretty crappy.
I haven’t used the HF but I have a Fein and aside from the durability, I know it doesn’t feel like a jackhammer in my hand when I’m making a precision cut.

I've owned both the HF and corded Dewalt. The Dewalt is much better than the HF, but it should be for ten times the cost.

Regarding the dust issue I'm wondering why the use of a oscillating tool to remove tile. Could you not just pry/chip them off? When I remodeled my bathrooms I ended up just pulling all the wallboard and tiles out in chunks.
I got the dewalt cordless.  If I was worried about dust, I would hold the shop vac hose next to the work area.  I did that working on the backsplash in the kitchen when I had to cut some of the old wall out and it worked great.
Everyone is correct: don't worry about dust collection on one of these. It's not that big of an issue (and I'm a DC freak). 

I'm also a Festool fan (super big fan with more of their stuff than I want to admit) but their multitool is so-so. 

The best tool out there is the Fein. Get the monster big $450 one. Really. Stay away from the smaller ones. I had a smaller one for a while and it was ok. Couldn't do much so I didn't use it much and ended up selling it. Many years later I had a job that needed one and a very smart salesman at a specialty contractor tool store [what's up Burns Power Tools?] insisted I go with the biggie. He let me try it at the store. Oh my. Changes everything. 

It's SO POWERFUL! I use it more than my jig saw (and previously was a big jig person). I end up using it on just about every thing I do. Have an old house or work on old houses: JUST GET IT. 

I'm kinda passionate about this tool. Multi tools in general are a smart idea but frequently they don't have enough power to be a great tool. Sometimes when you spend twice as much you only get 10% more function. In this case when you spend twice as much you get twice the tool. 

If anyone reading this is looking at the HF version then this isn't for you. But if anyone reading this is considering the Fesool then stop and get the big Fein.
Use a cheap HF multitool to cut the drywall around the tile and pull idrywall and tile down together. Close the door to the room and cover the air vents. If there is and exterior exhaust fan, run it.
Shocked 
If you want dust collection while using a blade , then Festool is your ONLY option.   A couple of others have collection while using sanding pads, but not blades.

Quote:The last time that I rehabbed a bathroom, the dust from the tile mastic and grout was too fine for most dust collector filters.

If your experience is like mine, you are much better off wearing an N95 or better face mask and just letting the dust fall to the floor. Then, use wet paper towels to clean it up. The dust will just blow through the filters of a shopvac. Then, it goes all over the place (including the bearings for your shopvac motor).

Hate to break it to you but, you aren't using your vacuum correctly if this is happening to you.   Especially for small particulate like masonry, you need to utilize a pre-filter - commonly know as a bag.  A bag, especially a close woven one like for drywall, coupled with a HEPA type cartridge filter will keep your shop vac from spitting dust all over your workplace.  Even the super fine stuff like concrete.  This is just good practice regardless of what you're picking up.   The pre-filter/bags will make the biggest difference.  HEPA is nice, looks and sounds impressive, but is only a incremental increase in performance.  This is the same whether you're using a $49 BORG shopvac or a $700 european "dust extractor" 

Ya gotta use the bags !

Quote:Everyone is correct: don't worry about dust collection on one of these. It's not that big of an issue (and I'm a DC freak).

I completely disagree.   Sometimes it is a big issue. And when it is, no amount of positive thinking or ignoring the dust makes it go away.  The sight  of the dust floating around the client's room can't be unseen and the impression is lasting.  Might not be an issue for you at your house.

Quote:I'm also a Festool fan (super big fan with more of their stuff than I want to admit) but their multitool is so-so. 

The best tool out there is the Fein.

Confused    This is probably the most nonsensical thing I've heard this week.
Guess you didn't realize that Fein makes the multi-tools that Festool sells ?   They also market nearly identical version in orange under their own name.  The accessories are pretty much the only thing different, in that Fein doesn't sell them.
I've found that the biggest differentiator for these tools is not the brand or the power, but rather the blade.  The correct , quality make , and sharp blade make all the difference on these tools.   Too many guys try and use a blade beyond its lifespan either because they're too lazy to change out , or too cheap to buy a new one.
(08-07-2020, 08:44 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: I completely disagree.   Sometimes it is a big issue. And when it is, no amount of positive thinking or ignoring the dust makes it go away.  The sight  of the dust floating around the client's room can't be unseen and the impression is lasting.  Might not be an issue for you at your house.

Confused    This is probably the most nonsensical thing I've heard this week.
Guess you didn't realize that Fein makes the multi-tools that Festool sells ?   They also market nearly identical version in orange under their own name.  The accessories are pretty much the only thing different, in that Fein doesn't sell them.
I've found that the biggest differentiator for these tools is not the brand or the power, but rather the blade.  The correct , quality make , and sharp blade make all the difference on these tools.   Too many guys try and use a blade beyond its lifespan either because they're too lazy to change out , or too cheap to buy a new one.

Cabinet Monkey,

1) Multitools--particularly quality ones--shine with cutting. Sure they can sand and other things, but when you have a quality version I find their primary use is cutting. No other tool can cut like this. Within a cutting context, they just don't make enough dust to worry about DC. And yes: I'm a pro too who needs to work clean onsite--I often work in museums. The reason for this is that there is no way to get a vac port around a blade effectively. Combine that with the fact that the blades are super thin so there is not much material that's getting turned into dust. I'm sure there are applications where having dc is beneficial--but those in my experience are rare and don't justify choosing a multitool simply on these grounds.

2) Fein doesn't make the Festool version. https://www.jlconline.com/products-tools...-end-omt_o

Festool is absolutely great. I love them. But they do make dogs. Their miter saw with the clumsy safety switch is not worth $1500. Many brands go circles around their overpriced drills. Their multitool is also in this category. 

Everyone should note that EVERY tool brand makes hero tools and also dogs. Margins are just too low to get it perfect in every category. Folks who buy tools by matching color--which tool manufactures count on--will end up with some awesome tools and some less awesome tools. That's why forums like this exist. 

3) Why are you arguing in the other post that two companies can't collaborate but then argue here that they do collaborate? [rolling eyes]

4) Excellent point about blades making a huge difference. That's so true.

5) If you truly think this is "the most nonsensical thing [you've] heard this week" then you have wisely avoided politics. Cheers.