Freezer leaking water?
Upright freezer about 15 yrs. old.

Every few days we find a puddle of water on the floor.

Not sure, but I think the coils are on the bottom

I'm thinking the coils need to be cleaned (they never have)???

I haven't checked temp, but the food is frozen.
definitely clean it.  The water is just condensate.  Maybe your condensate pan is full?
(07-20-2020, 09:08 AM)EricU Wrote: definitely clean it.  The water is just condensate.  Maybe your condensate pan is full?

What he said, but that begs the question, what dries the condensate?  It probably blows the hot air over that pan, but if it's all clogged with dust and pet hair down there, it's not working as it should.  Time to pull the front and/or back panel and get in there with a vacuum.  Hopefully it's not impossible to get the wand where you need it.  And they do make super skinny wands just for that sort of work, by the way.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Most of those freezers are not self defrosting so... Take a look at where the water is coming from it may be condensation building up on the fridge itself from high humidity or a small leak around a pipe allowing that area to get cold and condensate water. 

One tip I have learned on fridges... When you buy a fridge make sure you can remove the drip pan and clean it. They can get nasty and stinky in humid environments and if you can't remove it that makes cleaning it a pain which usually means a spray bottle and bleach.