Our daughter's dresser is finished!!!
(07-22-2020, 09:27 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Well that'll work, obviously, but next time you might find it easier to route the grooves in the sides before gluing up the case.  Or forget the grooves and just screw narrow runners to the sides.  

John

Yes, I should have done the routing before assembling the case.  I did screw vs glue the runners into the sides (elongating the holes a bit for seasonal expansion)
Dumber than I appear
That's impressive workmanship on many levels.  No small amount of planning had to go into that project.  The storage efficiency is about as good as it can get.  Figured hard maple used for drawer sides is a bit decadent but technically a very good choice for side hung. Wow.
(07-23-2020, 10:06 AM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: That's impressive workmanship on many levels.  No small amount of planning had to go into that project.  The storage efficiency is about as good as it can get.  Figured hard maple used for drawer sides is a bit decadent but technically a very good choice for side hung. Wow.

And not cheap!!

I had the cherry for the case itself, but the maple & cherry for the drawers came to $480!!!!

I either gotta get a new supplier or buy a Woodmizer and cut down my own trees!!!
Dumber than I appear
(07-23-2020, 11:39 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: And not cheap!!

That was part of my point,  I think.  It doesn't look cheap and it never will.  You parked your money well and in a form where it will always be appreciated.