Router table
FWIW, I've decided to built Norm's RT and  put it on wheels. If I put it on the TS side table I would have to probably built a cabinet for the bits and I don't really have much more room for the cabinet. My walls are full and I have to cover up one of the windows with a cabinet I just got done making. Plus DC would be a challenge with my shop configuration.

Thanks

Jim
Jim
Halfa,
PM on the way to you re: plans.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I don't like to tie up a machine with a setup unless I've got an out.  Because of this, I have 2 table saws.

If you have the room, go with a mobile router table.

Marc Sommerfeld's has a good router table build.
Iv'e seen Hank Knight's router table setup here before and it is very well thought out. It takes some planning and ingenuity but Hank pulled it off.

Having a little more space I decided to build a Norn style base cabinet and install the top from Incra. I also have the Incra fence and setup for making dovetails and other joints which really came in handy when building 24 drawers for a shop project recently. I would recommend taking a look at the Incra setup; it is quite versatile.

No association with Incra.

Good luck,

Doug
(07-30-2020, 10:10 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I don't like to tie up a machine with a setup unless I've got an out.  Because of this, I have 2 table saws.

If you have the room, go with a mobile router table.

Marc Sommerfeld's has a good  router table build.

I'm not the techist guy around, but I couldn't find RT plans on Sommerfield's web

Jim
Jim
(07-30-2020, 01:06 PM)Tapper Wrote: Iv'e seen Hank Knight's router table setup here before and it is very well thought out. It takes some planning and ingenuity but Hank pulled it off.

Having a little more space I decided to build a Norn style base cabinet and install the top from Incra. I also have the Incra fence and setup for making dovetails and other joints which really came in handy when building 24 drawers for a shop project recently. I would recommend taking a look at the Incra setup; it is quite versatile.

No association with Incra.

Good luck,

Doug

Doug,
The Incra top does look great but I'm planning on building drop down leafs on Norm's to help with storage when not in use. I do already have and am using the Incra positioner & fence.

Jim
Jim
https://sommerfeldtools.com/pdf/router-t...ctions.pdf
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-31-2020, 06:49 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: https://sommerfeldtools.com/pdf/router-t...ctions.pdf

I searched & searched and couldn't find it. That is a nice looking cabinet which I might consider making with a few modifications, especially to the top and make a deep drawer.

But first I had to write a check to the IRS (It Really Stinks!) that would resemble the national budget of a small country. 
Sad

Jim
Jim
If space is an issue, the second season of Woodcademy started with a Folding Router Table build. 
It is a full sized table, 30” wide, 18” deep, with an aluminum bodied fence.

The top folds down, and the feet fold up so it rolls away like a hand truck. It can be stored leaning against a wall using less than 12”.

Full plans are free on my website, and the two episode build is free to watch with or without a Prime Account.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
My rt is a stand alone on wheels. When I got my Unisaw and built the extension table, I designed it to accept a router if needed. Over 10 years and it hasn't happened.

Ed