Wixey WR-550 DRO upgrade on 15HH planer
John,

Here's the WR-550 on my A3-31

You'll need to drill and tap a few holes to mount the brackets.

I attached the top bracket to the table extension bracket on the back of the planer bed.

The bottom bracket is attached to the body of the machine.

The display bracket is attached to the front. If I were doing it again I'd move it a couple of inches to the right. Where it is now puts it right under the left clamp knob. Folded flat the display misses the knob but moved to the right I wouldn't have to fold and unfold when changing between Jointer and planer.

Attached Files Image(s)

‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
I've got numerous Wixey products. Tablesaw...shaper....planer.
My only gripe is, they use the cheapest fasteners, screws, hardware I've ever ran across I think. Bolts/screws twist off/break with minimal tightening.
So be careful with the hardware.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Charles, thanks for the pictures and info. I was ready to order the dial from Felder and realized that it was also necessary to order a new (different) handle. BUMMER!!!!

Does the planer bed every hit the DRO cable?
jgt1942NC