Anyone use a Zero Clearance Insert with Saw Stop?
i've had one on the same saw - primarily use it when i'm cutting thin veneer inlay strips - have not any problems with it
jerry
I have used one on my PCS for a few years.  It works quite well.  I have a few where I lowered the blade with the guard in place and the kick back paws dig into the surface of the insert.  This weakens the insert which can cause it to break. The replacements should be easy to make, I bought replacements at the time so haven't needed to make any.  I mark them with the blade I using and keep them with my saw blades. Dan
[quote pid='7887935' dateline='1596385739']
 https://www.infinitytools.com/sawstop-ze...serts-4760

[Image: 100-356_2.jpg]

[/quote]
I have the one from Infinity Tools that I use on my PCS and it works well. I have several different inserts for different blade configurations.

The only issue I've had is the little screws that hold the sacrificial MDF inserts in place will strip out over several changes. They will fall into the cabinet during use and can be challenging to find if there is too much sawdust in the bottom.

If anyone else has one and has found a solution to that problem, please share.
Big Grin
A wise man once said, "All woodworkers make mistakes. A good woodworker can hide them."
(08-14-2020, 07:12 AM)Darknight Wrote: The only issue I've had is the little screws that hold the sacrificial MDF inserts in place will strip out over several changes. They will fall into the cabinet during use and can be challenging to find if there is too much sawdust in the bottom.

If anyone else has one and has found a solution to that problem, please share.
Big Grin

I don't even use mine...in fact I forgot the were there (mine are long gone).  Never had a problem, the saw table keeps things in place.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the tip. I was worried that it would slide inside the slot due to vibration and be destroyed by the blade.
A wise man once said, "All woodworkers make mistakes. A good woodworker can hide them."