Sub panel splice questions
I want to put a sub panel near my main panel, and free up a pair of 50 amp breakers for my gen. Input.
The 2, 50 amp breakers have 6ga wire, that I need to splice to more 6ga, to feed sub panel.
What would be the best splice? Can't imaging using wire nuts.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
  Re: Sub panel splice questions by Pirate (I want to put a sub ...)
I would use a couple power distribution blocks.  They are good to 175 amps and 600vac and will handle up to 2 gauge wires
WoodNET... the new safespace
  Re: Sub panel splice questions by Pirate (I want to put a sub ...)
You want something like this:

Home Depot and Lowes carry them. I used several sets of these to extend several circuits some years ago. as recommended by the electrical inspector. I would put No-Alox on the wires before putting them in the splice. You'll need to heat shrink over the splices.


Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.