Been busy
So I finished putting mahoghany wainscoting around the pool table in the basement and wife says, build an entertainment console for kids video games and stuff. She vetoes my wanting all mahoghany as being too dark.

So I compromise and do a whitewashed oak cabinet with a mahoghany top. Luckily I had some really wide boards for the top.

Then she says she wants bookcases on both side of fireplace so I use the entertainment console as inspiration. After installing I am looking at the oak mantel and think, nope it has to be mahoghany. So I build a new mantel as well.

Now I'm looking at the oak pool cue rack and telling myself, I cant put that back up in the mahoghany pool room, so using my leftovers I cobbled this together. Used an antique picture for inspiration. It's a mix of african and genuine mahoghany. Hung it on wall with a French cleat. I'm just waiting on the hooks so I can hang the triangle up under to table brush. I think I may get a window film too for the window well, it's pretty ugly.

Dart board cabinet is next and if i have any leftover i might swap out the plastic triangle with a mahoghany one. My wife says I have OCD.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks real good! 
Yes
You have been busy!  It all looks really nice.  LOML has been asking for bookshelves next to our fireplace as well.  I better not let her siee this post.
I used a Bosch laser measure get the widths for the built ins taking a few measurements. I took the average and went to town. Bottom cabinets went it good, the middle and top sections fought me on the left side, a few of the bricks were uneven and I had to hand plane down the cabinet to fit.
(08-03-2020, 05:45 PM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: I used a Bosch laser measure get the widths for the built ins taking a few measurements.  I took the average  and went to town.  Bottom cabinets went it good, the middle and top sections fought me on the left side, a few of the bricks were uneven and I had to hand plane down the cabinet to fit.

Hmmm, I hadn't considered how much work it might be to scribe along the bricks.  

That's a nice looking fireplace by the way.
Really turned out nice, lovr the look of the mahogany with the white cabinets. Is that cue rack your own design, I need to build one like that.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fred,

It was my own design based on this photograph and some other designs currently for sale. I'm just waiting for my hooks for the cue racks and copper pyramid caps to come in and give it some bling.

Currently I have 3 wooden pyramids as accents at the top, I am debating if I should add 2 more, so five total. Sometimes less is better but I figured I could always add them at any time.

Ii was a good learning project. I dont have a drill press but I have a 35mm hinge jig so the is what I used for the base holes for the cue sticks and balls with care full layout. I used a 1.25" hole saw for the top cue stick dividers and ripped it down the middle. Lot of drum sanding to get the cut marks and burn off. I only screwed up two pieces in this process which for me is pretty good.

Attached Files Image(s)