threaded pipe for clamp
Hi,
Recently have been to Lowes and HomeDepot looking for 3/4in threaded pipe for pipe clamp. Prices are around $15--$22 (2ft--10ft).
I do not have threading tool, but noticed HD sells online 5pc or 10pc packs at better price.
Is there an other way to get good price on, say, 2ft pipes ?
Thanks.
Most big hardware keep various length selections. I didn't think the prices used to be that high.
Have you checked Amazon?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The big box stores charge quite a bit for the conveniently sized pieces.  I think the plumbing stores get it in 20' lengths, and usually don't charge that much for cutting and threading. Buy full lengths. I would ask.  I did that and it wasn't bad.

Full size piece at HD or lowes might not be that bad and they have a threading tool right there.  Might think about doing it that way.
While the precut pieces are high priced, buying a full 10' piece is a lot cheaper. At my local HD, they will cut and thread the piece at any lengths you want, free of charge.
(08-03-2020, 09:52 PM)Alan S Wrote: At my local HD, they will cut and thread the piece at any lengths you want, free of charge.

Lowes here wll do the same,

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Thank you for responses ! I think I will ask for cutting and threading pieces from 10ft pipe.
Try to find used pipe and take it to Lowes or HD to have it threaded. You can sometimes find it at places that sell salvaged materials or sometimes at demolition sites. Most of what I have found used is galvanized which, I've read, shouldn't be used for clamps. I've never had any problems with it.
Keep in mind you only need threads on one end for pipe clamps.  Maybe buy longer pieces that are threaded on each end and cut them in half.
(08-04-2020, 09:30 AM)Willyou Wrote: Try to find used pipe and take it to Lowes or HD to have it threaded. You can sometimes find it at places that sell salvaged materials or sometimes at demolition sites. Most of what I have found used is galvanized which, I've read, shouldn't be used for clamps. I've never had any problems with it.

Look for inexpensive Ridgid style pipe threaders on CL/yard sales or the like. A tristand to clamp the pipe is helpful as well, tho usually a little more expensive. As someone that likes to make industrial style pipe legs/spreader for tables, it was an easy sell for me...
(08-04-2020, 09:55 AM)BrentDH Wrote: Keep in mind you only need threads on one end for pipe clamps.  Maybe buy longer pieces that are threaded on each end and cut them in half.

Very true, but having several with threads at both ends permits "s t r e t c h i n g" the clamps with couplings if necessary