Shower valve question
Looks like you have enough room between valve and shower unit, I would cut a 1x4 between studs and at each end cut some 2x4 material 2-3/4" long and pre drill for 2 screws each side.
Before putting in wall, secure the 2-3/4" blocks to the 1x4, pull 1x4 snug against cpvc shower side and secure cpvc at a location close to the valve with appropriate straps.

This way it makes a lot easier to secure 1x4 without splitting and a few choice words. The 2-3/4" blocks and 1x4 gives you 3-1/2", the thickness of your wall.
(08-12-2020, 07:11 AM)Flat Lander Wrote: Looks like you have enough room between valve and shower unit, I would cut a 1x4 between studs and at each end cut some 2x4 material 2-3/4" long and pre drill for 2 screws each side.
Before putting in wall, secure the 2-3/4" blocks to the 1x4, pull 1x4 snug against cpvc shower side and secure cpvc at a location close to the valve with appropriate straps.

This way it makes a lot easier to secure 1x4 without splitting and a few choice words. The 2-3/4" blocks and 1x4 gives you 3-1/2", the thickness of your wall.

Excellent idea!  Thanks.
(08-12-2020, 07:11 AM)Flat Lander Wrote: Looks like you have enough room between valve and shower unit, I would cut a 1x4 between studs and at each end cut some 2x4 material 2-3/4" long and pre drill for 2 screws each side.

One word.... pocketscrews
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(08-12-2020, 11:01 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: One word.... pocketscrews

I totally would have done that (and did that in my previous house), but my jig is in storage and I can't get to it.  I didn't want to go buy another one.  That's also another reason why I'm not sweating copper because I didn't want to buy another torch.
(08-12-2020, 11:11 AM)atgcpaul Wrote: I totally would have done that (and did that in my previous house), but my jig is in storage and I can't get to it.  I didn't want to go buy another one.  That's also another reason why I'm not sweating copper because I didn't want to buy another torch.

By pre drilling the 1x4 into the ends and attach screws into 2x4x2-3/4 at each end then then pre drill 2 holes in each of the 2x4 pieces,slide assembly over cpvc risers,this makes it easy to secure, agreed pocket jig is my best friend, but if you don't have then I guess it's time for (mother of invention)

Good luck with your endeavor
(08-12-2020, 11:11 AM)atgcpaul Wrote: but my jig is in storage and I can't get to it.  I didn't want to go buy another one.  

Lowe's around here sell the Kreg Jr. jig for $20 - includes drill and driver. Just sayin"....
Smile
(08-12-2020, 02:06 PM)joe1086 Wrote: Lowe's around here sell the Kreg Jr. jig for $20 - includes drill and driver. Just sayin"....
Smile

I am exceedingly frugal (not cheap).  I just can't bring myself to buy another one knowing I have one.

Anyway, Flat Lander's suggestion is in place.  I just need people from work to stop emailing me so I can get this over with.
(08-12-2020, 02:15 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: I am exceedingly frugal (not cheap).

Then I'm in good company.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay