Water hammer dampers on shower valve?
Are they supposed to be used now? All the videos I’ve seen on shower valve replacements don’t show them on the assembly. My normal has been to put them in, but if not really needed, it would save a couple extra joints which I’m all for.
VH07V  
I have never seen them on a shower valve. In fact they are rarely ever put in anywhere for that matter. The only places you might see them is on  a fridge, dishwasher or clothes washer as those are the main items that have fast closing valves.  And those are built into the wall assembly. I have seen a few of the old DIY style using a standing copper pipe as an airspace up north in basements but those are few and far between. The old tubing style ones are not recommended anymore and some places will not allow them anymore. The nitrogen ones are the way to go if you need them.
I would skip them.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Thanks for the advice, I will not put them in.
VH07V