Braided sleeve kits for dust extractor / vacuum hoses: $20 shipped
OK so, I sold kits for this hose mod years ago on the FOG as well as here. Basically, this mod makes it so, the ridges on your vac hose don't catch and/or snag on things in the shop like the work-piece or a workbench edge when you are attempting to use a power tool. It actually works awesome for that function as well as it's nice to run a power cord like the detachable Festool plug-it alongside your hose.

Here are the nuts and bolts:
I have two sizes, 2" and 3" I.D., of  2:1 Heat Shrink Tubing on hand. Please measure your hose/cord diameters and identify what size HST you would like included with your order. IIRC the 2" ID HST will work with either size but is better on the smaller 27mm hoses and the 3" ID HST works better on the larger 35-36mm hoses. If you are careful when you assemble the kit, you can get by with a 2-3" length of HST on each end of the braided sleeve to keep things tight and from unraveling. You only get one chance with this stuff so, have a plan and wrap more of the braided sleeve than the bare hose prior to shrinking it. I can sell you more if you mess up but please don't expect me to replace it for free. The heat shrink tubing is nice and clean but you could accomplish something similar with zip ties, velcro straps, tape, etc. on the ends of the braided sleeve. FYI I have a somewhat limited supply of HST in both sizes.

The black, expandable 1-1/4" braided sleeve works for either 27mm or 36mm size Festool hose or the Bosch Vac005 35mm hose as well as other hoses in this range. The 1-1/4" sleeve is a nice snug fit with the larger size 36mm hose along with one cord pre-run through the sleeve. A 10' section of braided sleeve will typically work well and will leave a few feet of hose on the vac side uncovered. If you want complete coverage, please measure your hose and cord length. Also, I STRONGLY recommend using some tape/zip tees/ velcro straps etc. on the ends of braided sleeve to prevent it from unraveling during installation. Of course after installation the HST prevents the braided sleeve from unraveling. Also, because of the nature of this stuff, when the braided sleeve has it's diameter increased the length shortens some so, an initial, un-expanded, 10' length will be slightly shorter in actual use.

OK so here are some photos of the stuff:

Here is a picture of the tool end on my Bosch Vac005 35mm hose that has been in place for over 7 years. IIRC this end has the 3" HST and it is about 5" long. You can see that the Festool Plug it is run with my hose for easy use of Festool tools.

OK so, I'll put the kits together like this: 10' length of braided sleeve along with one piece of  5" long heat-shrink tubing (your choice of 2 or 3" id) will be $20 shipped. I consider this the minimum length of both the HST and braided sleeve that you should consider buying if you are looking at this mod. The 5" piece of HST could be used on one end or cut in 2 pieces to use on both ends as the buyer chooses.

You can order custom lengths of the HST or the braided sleeve by adding onto the kit price. Just add $1 for each extra inch of HST and/or add an additional $1 for each additional foot of braided sleeve. As an example: 8" of HST with 14' of braided sleeve would add $7 to the kit price.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
great timing for me - i sent you a pm
jerry