circular saw conundrum
I bought a battery powered saw just so that I would  have the ability to cut stock before loading in my car.  I have never regretted it, though I thought it would be little used.

It turns out to be my most used saw.  Mine is a Rigid (Home Depot) saw and has worked fine.  It has a safety that has to be depressed prior to pulling the trigger.  It is the first one that I have had that included this and it is a nuisance.

If you don't already have a battery powered saw, then I would recommend that route.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Most slate pool tables are in 3 pieces just butted together and filled seams
(08-11-2020, 01:15 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Most slate pool tables are in 3 pieces just butted together and filled seams

Yeah, but what fun is that when you can make noise and tear stuff up?!?!?  
Laugh
(08-11-2020, 01:15 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Most slate pool tables are in 3 pieces just butted together and filled seams

Not this one 
Big Grin
Big Grin gonna make a fireplace seat and a vanity top with remnant as work table in shop.
Cool
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I'd suggest posting a WTB in SnS for a used worm-drive circ.

Then, bite the bullet and order the parts for the Milwaukee.

With luck, you'll wind up with 2 decent saws and can "loan" the B&D to one of your neighbors who never returns things.
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(08-11-2020, 07:31 AM)WxMan Wrote: Given the saws, and their conditions as you described, here's what I would do:

Step 1.  Throw away the not-working C-man.  It's not worth the waste of precious gravity.

Step 2.  Put a diamond blade on the B&D and cut the slate.  If it burns up, who cares?  It can be replaced with another $20 cheapie for the next cr***y job quickly enough.

Step 3.  Fix the Milwaukee.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(08-11-2020, 09:28 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes

Triple this.  If the B&D breaks, get a Chicago Electric, HF cheapie.  I suspect, though, the B&D will be enough to finish the job.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
Well, I had to cut some granite countertops, and used my father's old, mustard colored plastic, cheap, underpowered B&D circular saw that he bought back in the late '60s, early 70s. It worked just fine. I didn't want to use my "good" saw for this, too much fine dust.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Sounds like a plan.  I'll set up a vacuum to get most of the dust and do the cutting outside
Laugh

Thanks for the help!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(08-11-2020, 07:31 AM)WxMan Wrote: Given the saws, and their conditions as you described, here's what I would do:

Step 1.  Throw away the not-working C-man.  It's not worth the waste of precious gravity.

Step 2.  Put a diamond blade on the B&D and cut the slate.  If it burns up, who cares?  It can be replaced with another $20 cheapie for the next cr***y job quickly enough.

Step 3.  Fix the Milwaukee.

This.
Wood is good.