Stuck Lawnmower Wheel
This wheel won’t spin. It was fine a month ago. Will it need new bearings or will grease help?

Attached Files Image(s)

Try grease before replacing bearings. However, if the bearing innards are trashed, grease is not the long term fix.
(08-13-2020, 08:28 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Try grease before replacing bearings. However, if the bearing innards are trashed, grease is not the long term fix.

Yeah that is what I figured.  Are the bearings in this type of wheel normally replaceable, or just replace the wheel? I can get it to rock back and forth slightly.  the other wheel turns but is stiff.

My Honda wheels had built in bushings.  But the wheels were cheap and I just replaced the entire wheel (and the tread was pretty much worn out too).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I don't know if this wheel has bearings or bushings, or how to tell. I assumed bearings because of the zerk fitting.

I would spray a little wd 40 in the bearings to free them up and then pump some grease in.
(08-14-2020, 10:25 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I don't know if this wheel has bearings or bushings, or how to tell.  I assumed bearings because of the zerk fitting.

What brand mower is this?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(08-14-2020, 11:07 AM)Cooler Wrote: What brand mower is this?

Sutech Stealth.  I couldn't find the wheels in the parts list.  I may call them this afternoon and ask about the wheels.

Any time something with ball bearings doesn't spin it needs new bearings. I did a quick search and it looks like that may be using flanged ball bearings which are about $15pr. But I have never even heard of that brand before and have no experience with them that said all mower manufacturers use the same pool of jelly bean parts for their mowers. 

The only exception to this is bandsaws... The wheel bearings in them get packed with fine dust over time regardless of how good the bearing is and how good the dust collection is. I have even had a bandsaw with relatively new bearings lock up the wheels and destroy the belt during a long stretch of resawing. In that case I clean them out put a little silicone grease into them which doesn't attract grease and put it back to work.
(08-14-2020, 01:15 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Any time something with ball bearings doesn't spin it needs new bearings. I did a quick search and it looks like that may be using flanged ball bearings which are about $15pr. 

I found the parts here: http://www.sutechusa.com/manuals/sutech_manual.pdf

Page 5 lists a blowup of the assembly, lower left corner.  it is a roller bearing. The parts  description doesn't say much about it.  I'm not finding it on the manufacturer website.  a new wheel assembly from them is 50 bucks.  I think Im going to take this wheel to tractor supply and see if I can find a reasonable match.