Workbench storage drawers question
I have a space 55” long x 24” high and 22” deep for storage under my big bench. I’m going to put the cabinet(s) on wheels to move around to projects. The drawers will have small parts in them. 

If it was your shop — Would you make one cabinet with 6 drawers or 2 cabinets with 3 drawers each? Or some other configuration?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
(08-13-2020, 08:55 PM)stoppy Wrote: I have a space 55” long x 24” high and 22” deep for storage under my big bench. I’m going to put the cabinet(s) on wheels to move around to projects. The drawers will have small parts in them. 

If it was your shop — Would you make one cabinet with 6 drawers or 2 cabinets with 3 drawers each? Or some other configuration?

I'd probably make one cabinet since it would provide more storage space than two separate ones. I might consider leaving it in place and making the drawers or trays inside removable and portable. No need to waste space inside the cabinet with casters underneath.
For me, at least two separate cabinets. I think pushing around one cabinet over 4 feet long would get unwieldy. My shop is fairly decent-sized and I still think a 4+ foot roll around would be awkward.
(08-14-2020, 04:43 AM)WxMan Wrote: For me, at least two separate cabinets.  I think pushing around one cabinet over 4 feet long would get unwieldy.  My shop is fairly decent-sized and I still think a 4+ foot roll around would be awkward.

^^^^^^^ that's kind of my thoughts as well; plus a cabinet that size could get fairly heavy, making it even more awkward to move around.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Was leaning towards two also. Hadn’t thought about the larger one being awkward.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Another vote for 2 cabinets. Easier to move around. You could later stack them vertically pr use them as machine bases.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I would size the drawers for what you want to put in them, not number. One can get a lot of chisels in a short drawer but a larger drawer is needed for planes. Don't think about number. it is all about storage so the drawers don't get cluttered up. I vote for two. Pulled out with a  piece of plywood on the top gives another work table.

Tom