toolbelt /pants problem
I have a waist type tool holder for a couple of years and decided I need more pockets so I ordered Work Apron With Tool Pockets, Upgraded Heavy Duty Canvas Tool Apron Workshop Apron With Quick Release Buckle Adjustable M To XXL (Black) from Amazon yesterday. ( Sorry I don't know how to post a picture of it here).
The reason I ordered this is because I'm tired of having to lay tools, pencils, etc. down and then having to go look for them when I need to use them.

Fortunately I don't have a big problem with heat that can be a problem with full aprons. 

Jim
Jim
Sounds like you need two suspenders, one for the tool belt and one for your britches. Likely the tool belt is causing the issue with your pants by wearing the belt too tight. The army used to use suspenders that hooked on the web belt. One method to consider trying, worked for me in the Army, is to lengthen the tool belt, then wear it lower. Think hooped skirt. The wide shoulder pads on the suspenders transfers the load to your shoulders instead of your waist. It also made removal a lot easier when in a hurry.

If all you are pocketing around is a tape measure and such, how about a mesh photographers vest instead? Just a thought
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Bib Overalls
Yes
The Secret To Life; Breathe In, Breathe Out..
I have one of these, very stout, no plastic clips to break, price is right and has criss cross design. I'm very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Hudson-Durable-Go...B01E4DYQQM
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Bunch up a long shirt on the sides, wrap it with cable ties, tuck that into your pants so it is below your belt line.
I have an apron (Lee Valley I think) that has two large pockets in the front. Very handy but the flap isn't long enough. I usually wear this apron when I'm making lots of dust and chips and too many end up in the large pockets. The pockets are large enough to get a smaller shop vac hose in them so the problem is not insurmountable. I have a basement shop so heat is not an issue for me.
I use heavy duty Perry Suspenders, they have several types the difference is they clip under the belt. My favorite are these https://www.perrysuspenders.com/online-s...-p93894406 They easily hold up my pants with my cliptech TOUGHBUILT TOU-CT-22 Technician Pouch and handyman pouches.  They have some other suspenders, that a non elastic, I don't like that type. Dan
(08-16-2020, 02:44 PM)Admiral Wrote: I have one of these, very stout, no plastic clips to break, price is right and has criss cross design.  I'm very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Hudson-Durable-Go...B01E4DYQQM

How do you tie that in the middle of your back?

I have very much appreciated the plastic clip for the waist back on the LV apron.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(08-18-2020, 01:12 AM)iclark Wrote: How do you tie that in the middle of your back?

I have very much appreciated the plastic clip for the waist back on the LV apron.

Like I tie a shoelace.  If you are thin enough, you can bring the cords around to the front, but that's not me.  I've been tying aprons behind my back since I was 16 and an apprentice butcher (Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen, ALF-CIO, still have my union card from '69). 

I don't like the plastic clips because somehow they always break on me.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(08-18-2020, 09:23 AM)Admiral Wrote: Like I tie a shoelace.  If you are thin enough, you can bring the cords around to the front, but that's not me.  I've been tying aprons behind my back since I was 16 and an apprentice butcher (Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen, ALF-CIO, still have my union card from '69). 

I don't like the plastic clips because somehow they always break on me.....

Laugh
Laugh My "shoelaces" are now velcro (thanks to the stiffness in the hips).

For me, the hard part of tying a bow behind my back is being able to successfully untie that knot a few hours later.
Sigh

Understand about the breakable plastic clips.

thanks
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.