Sharpening station
I've been thinking about building a roll around one with the grinder on top and somehow have an area for the wet stones,etc.

What doe some of you have in the line of a station?

Thanks

Jim
Jim
Suggest you pop over to WoodCentral and read about the Unicorn profile / method. Depending on your needs, could change your thinking. It did mine.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(08-18-2020, 01:17 AM)cputnam Wrote: Suggest you pop over to WoodCentral and read about the Unicorn profile / method.  Depending on your needs, could change your thinking.  It did mine.

I Keep my grinder away from my stones.

A mobile base may have stability issues if you're using stones.
(08-18-2020, 09:05 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I Keep my grinder away from my stones.

A mobile base may have stability issues if you're using stones.

The unicorn method can be accomplished with a grinder and a single ~1000 - 1200 grit stone. If diamond then no oil or water needed.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I don't use stones, only slow wet grinder and WS. But I built something that might look like Norm's version of a station. Basically it's not more than a cabinet on wheels, covered with HPL to make the top waterproof. With a wet grinder I find it's too tall foto use in some situations, s I have to put it on a lower stand.....Norm built a retractable shelf to stand on with his.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.