Made a handy thing
I have a really hard time paying for off-the-shelf jigs (like the Rockler version of this), if I can make it myself with a modest amount of effort.
And I needed something like this for some upcoming tool chest builds.

So, here you go. My cabinet corner assembly jigs. Just small scraps of baltic birch plywood.
For spacing, I just used more pieces of plywood, but added a small slip of paper in between so the final glue-up would give me a slip-fit.
I finished them by adding paste wax all over so glue won't stick and the slip-fit is easier.

After these were finished, I did end up cutting the outside corners a bit larger so that when they're attached to the cabinet corners, there's still enough room to get my brad nailer in the corner to pin things together at the ends.

I hope this gives you an idea!

[Image: IMG_0225.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_0226.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_0227.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_0228.jpeg]
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
Video 
I have 8 pony corner clamps.  I mounted 4 of them on 8" x 8" x 3/4" ply for stability and 4 of them are not mounted. 

Since using these I have never had to diagonal clamp a box.  They have all been perfectly square from the start.

I am not knocking what you have done.  It is certainly cheaper than my option. 

I have pony clamps; there are others that are cheaper out there.

[Image: Pony-corner-and-splicing-clamp.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cool, I have made my own jigs several times.  I label them so I remember what they are for.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Well done; those are going to be really useful.  

John
(08-19-2020, 07:28 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have 8 pony corner clamps.  I mounted 4 of them on 8" x 8" x 3/4" ply for stability and 4 of them are not mounted. 

Since using these I have never had to diagonal clamp a box.  They have all been perfectly square from the start.

I am not knocking what you have done.  It is certainly cheaper than my option. 

I have pony clamps; there are others that are cheaper out there.

[Image: Pony-corner-and-splicing-clamp.jpg]

That's funny. I actually have a few of these, too. But I don't like them so much myself. The jigs, for me, are easier because they just slip on and require no clamp fiddling.
But your suggestion is certainly more versatile.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
One question.

Where do you get plywood like that?

I can't find anything like that in my neck of the woods.

That is some nice stuff!
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(08-19-2020, 10:30 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: One question.

Where do you get plywood like that?

I can't find anything like that in my neck of the woods.

That is some nice stuff!

It's baltic birch. I buy it from my local specialty lumber supplier. (Acadian Wood Products) They generally cater to contractors and millwork people, but they will sell to individuals. There's another specialty hardwood store around here that I can get it at, too. But they just buy from the Acadian and mark it up.

All hardwood dealers sell it, as far as I've seen.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
I've seen baltic birch at Rockler as well. I would imagine Woodcraft would carry it too.  

Nice jigs.  I don't really care for the right angle clamps either.  They are generally very fidgety to get the boards to line up and clamp.  Mine had horribly machined threads on the clamping parts too.  I'm sure there are better ones out there.