Looking for the mythical reset button on my 1998 Unisaw
(08-24-2020, 04:30 PM)TDKPE Wrote: The overload portion of the control is in the control.  The little blue button.

But if you push the button and you don't hear the control clicking strongly, and releasing with the stop button, it sounds like there's an incoming power problem.  Check the top connections (L1 and L3), as they can loosen with use.  You need to get in there with your multimeter.

It's also possible the overload is tripped, though I don't know why it would trip when the saw isn't running.  A tripped O/L relay will prevent the start button from closing the main contactor since it's contact set is in series with the start/stop control.  BUT, it should be set to 'Auto' mode (the little dial in the middle).  If it's defective, nothing will happen when you push the start button.  

There should be no other junction box and/or O/L device between the control and the motor.

Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Yes
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
For perhaps future reference, I've found a non-contact voltage detector invaluable for diagnosing power issues.  I used to have to debug power recliners.

[Image: 032886963025.jpg?size=pdhi]
Similar issue happened to me.

Took some time to diagnose, but in my case, turned out to be an invisible, internal break in one of the power lines. The wire was separated inside unbroken insulation. 

As I said, took some time to find!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
So was this problem ever fixed?