partially dry wood filler
Can I bring it back to life with denatured alcohol or do i have buy a can of acetone?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
I don't know.  But I  will offer a tip. 

The wood filler usually comes in a plastic container.  Once opened it is never really air-tight.  I wrap the container with Saran wrap and the life of the product is greatly increased.  This works for any similar product in plastic containers with plastic lids.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(08-26-2020, 07:25 AM)Cooler Wrote: I don't know.  But I  will offer a tip. 

The wood filler usually comes in a plastic container.  Once opened it is never really air-tight.  I wrap the container with Saran wrap and the life of the product is greatly increased.  This works for any similar product in plastic containers with plastic lids.

My wood filler is in a metal can.  If it becomes dry he instructions on the can say to use acetone, which I don't have. Hoping to use denatured alcohol to moisten it a little.
Jim

There is a good chance
(08-26-2020, 07:34 AM)stoppy Wrote: My wood filler is in a metal can.  If it becomes dry he instructions on the can say to use acetone, which I don't have. Hoping to use denatured alcohol to moisten it a little.

nail polish remover
south vietnam war collage
(08-26-2020, 07:22 AM)stoppy Wrote: Can I bring it back to life with denatured alcohol or do i have buy a can of acetone?

After you finish with that can, replace it with Timbermate.  You can restore it with water.  Great stuff!  
Yes
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(08-26-2020, 08:04 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: After you finish with that can, replace it with Timbermate.  You can restore it with water.  Great stuff!  
Yes

+1. Sands, paints and stains well too.
(08-26-2020, 07:34 AM)stoppy Wrote: My wood filler is in a metal can.  If it becomes dry he instructions on the can say to use acetone, which I don't have. Hoping to use denatured alcohol to moisten it a little.

It won't. Get the acetone.

Some fingernail polish remover contains acetone, others don't (it will say on the bottle). But a trip to the hardware store and getting a small can will be cheaper per oz. than the polish remover.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(08-26-2020, 02:38 PM)Rob Young Wrote: It won't. Get the acetone.

Some fingernail polish remover contains acetone, others don't (it will say on the bottle). But a trip to the hardware store and getting a small can will be cheaper per oz. than the polish remover.

Got the acetone and it moistened the DAP wood filler nicely. Used it to fill some voids in a small boxes project I’m working on and it worked great just like when it was a new fresh can. Thanks!
Jim

There is a good chance