A couple shop improvements
So...a "cheap" $10 grinder was bought...then installed in the spot that USED to be where my OLD Craftsman 6" grinder sat for years....
Cool

Also found an old nail, hiding under the plank shelf...

yep, that will leave a mark...
I also moved an old vise out....it was sitting BEHIND the sanding center machine ( 6" disc, 4 x36" belt) and was a bit rough to actually use.   had some 3/4" pine plywood handy, and some 5/4 Ash scrap....drilled a few holes...3 for the bolts to hold the vise, three for screws to attach the cleat under the plywood base..

Had to run the vise all the way out, to attach the rear bolt..

Vise is a Monarch (Lion's Head) No. 215, 4" vise...dated to 10-45 ( Oct 1945)   Looks like the set up will work..
Confused

As for the "old" Craftsman vise?  Same thing, just the cleat is 3/4" Pine...

Trying out buffer wheels (Unicorn Sharpening)..

Which ever cloth wheel doesn't work out, I'll replace it with a Fine Brass Wire Wheel.....

Theory being, IF I need the heavy metal working vise, I can move it over from a shelf, clamp it up in the bench's end vise.   Same with the "buffer".   Need to find a bit of shelf space to stash both on.  
New grinder?

Should do the job...new wheels came with it, too...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
You've been busy, nice improvements.  I should be improving something instead of reading Woodnet. 
Laugh
Don't have any lumber in the shop, right now..
No

There IS a "project" of sorts....dual dog food bowl holders....maybe when I finally bring some lumber home with me?
Rolleyes
(08-27-2020, 04:04 PM)farmerj111 Wrote: You've been busy, nice improvements.  I should be improving something instead of reading Woodnet. 
Laugh

Reading Woodnet is improving your mind.  At least that is how I want to see it.  
Big Grin
Nice upgrades Bandit.  How much does that bench vise weigh?
That vise needed two hands to lift it, even before the base was added....feels about the same as a 50 pound bag of dog food does....and, about as "easy" to carry...
I was expecting a bit more than that.  I have one similar that came out of an old Grummond plant. (My grandfather joked that they chucked one wheel in the vise and built the plane around it.)  I swear that vise weighs 75lbs or more.  It's not something I move around much.