Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer
(08-30-2020, 10:42 AM)BpB123 Wrote: If you like the dowel idea but are concerned with the light.... can you find some pvc pipe or other tubing that would work?  If a little smaller, some tape on the outside of the tube could solve diameter deltas

Just a thought

Or chuck it up and turn it to the precise diameter you need, since it'll just be a short length.  Either/or.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
No help here.  But I am amazed and grateful for the "Woodnet Brain Trust", there is seldom a shortage of ideas for any question.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I need a "like" button on here.
If I go the wood dowel route.... There's no chance this thing would be at risk of fire, is there? All those wires running through it
(08-30-2020, 03:01 PM)themoon Wrote: If I go the wood dowel route.... There's no chance this thing would be at risk of fire, is there? All those wires running through it

That switch itself is isolated from the circuitry, besides....plastic also burns.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-30-2020, 02:54 PM)themoon Wrote: I need a "like" button on here.

Awww. I wish we did.

(08-30-2020, 03:01 PM)themoon Wrote: If I go the wood dowel route.... There's no chance this thing would be at risk of fire, is there? All those wires running through it

Naw. Put the hotdogs away.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Where it broke seems like it would break again, so I vote for turning your own thicker piece of plastic, if possible.
Don't rag on the OP because he will try and save a buck or two.  When we got married, Tina and I had both been raised in families who did the same. It is in your nature.  There is a difference between repairing something if you can, because you can, rather than replacing; and being too cheap to buy a new part.  

I was also taught, buy quality, buy once. 
Big Grin   Buy cheap, buy often.

A couple years ago, I had posted a query on the forum about wheels for the castors on one of my power tools.  "Buy new castors" was the general consensus.  The old black tired wheels were beginning to crumble and break apart.  Hey, they were over ten years old. 
Wink  

I kept looking, and found that woodcraft had the wheels in a couple sizes.  Just in time, I now needed TWO sets.  They had the higher quality red wheels, and they came in three days after I ordered them.  I replaced just the wheels, at 1/4 the cost of new castors.  When we are talking eight, then another eight the next year, it adds up.  Those wheels are still rolling. 
Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(08-31-2020, 05:23 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: Don't rag on the OP because he will try and save a buck or two.  When we got married, Tina and I had both been raised in families who did the same. It is in your nature.  There is a difference between repairing something if you can, because you can, rather than replacing; and being too cheap to buy a new part.  

I was also taught, buy quality, buy once. 
Big Grin   Buy cheap, buy often.

A couple years ago, I had posted a query on the forum about wheels for the castors on one of my power tools.  "Buy new castors" was the general consensus.  The old black tired wheels were beginning to crumble and break apart.  Hey, they were over ten years old. 
Wink  

I kept looking, and found that woodcraft had the wheels in a couple sizes.  Just in time, I now needed TWO sets.  They had the higher quality red wheels, and they came in three days after I ordered them.  I replaced just the wheels, at 1/4 the cost of new castors.  When we are talking eight, then another eight the next year, it adds up.  Those wheels are still rolling. 
Smirk
LIL
Thirty bucks will buy a few Big Macs...Anybody with the money can buy a new one but not everybody can fix the old one...fix it...then buy some Big Macs...... :nothing wrong with saving money if you can......
Winkgrin
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Thanks for that but it's ok. I don't think they were being that bad, but yes my current predicament in these times is to pinch every cent. This Covid thing has killed our market and finding work is a bi$@!.

Thanks again for everyone that replied with ideas. Tried the dowel idea but the switch had some kind of lip with bracketed holes at the end. Becoming too hard for my talents. Lol guess I'm going to have to save up by not buying all those big mac's.