Replace just the plastic piece on stop button? Jointer
I broke the small push red button on my jointer. The whole thing still works, in fact I can even sometimes sort of get the plastic knob to go back in and turn the unit off.
Any ideas on how to replace just that? Everything I find on grizzly wants to replace the entire assembly, which is almost $30! Was hoping to somehow just but the plastic piece, or figure out a way to fix it?

Attached Files Image(s)

Can you just put a piece of dowel into the hollow center of the white tube and line it up? Personally I'd be inclined to replace the whole switch, this is just one of those things.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
For only $30.00, I'd just replace it. Not much money.
You all talk like your made of money. Anyone want to send me "only" $30?

The dowel thing is a neat idea but there is a light bulb in there. Guess I'll spend the money that I have lying around.

//I'm kidding btw
Without knowing for sure, I am betting you could wire up almost any E-stop and get it to work. Something like this maybe... https://www.ebay.com/itm/660V-Self-Locki...SwvWVfPUX4
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Oooo, that is dirt cheap too.
If I can show you the back of the current one, would that give you a better idea if it would work?
Here it is:
Both sides of it.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you like the dowel idea but are concerned with the light.... can you find some pvc pipe or other tubing that would work? If a little smaller, some tape on the outside of the tube could solve diameter deltas

Just a thought
Ooo hey, good idea. I'm gonna try that. Thanks!!
Or drill out the dowel.