Front door recommendations

Hi all,

I’m looking for suggestions for a new front door with side lites on each side. Wondering if anyone has done recent research or is an installer or in sales. We are willing to spend a decent amount. We are in KC so lots of close vendors nearby. We have a fiberglass door now which has been fine. My first steel door dented and warped with the glass storm door cooking it.
Thanks!

Re: Front door recommendations by Kansas City Fireslayer (Hi all, I’m looki...)
Provia doors Putting one in a few weeks. They high marks. fiberglass

https://www.provia.com/entry-door
John T.
We put a fiberglass door on the last house. Loved it. Eventually we'll put one on this house.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

When it comes to 'lectricity, I'm a pretty good wood turner.

... Grey Mountain 3/2/21

Used Masonite brand fiberglass doors on moms house. Been 15 years now, had to replace the bottom (sill) seal on 1 last year.

Ed
Fiberglass is definitely the best option, minimal movement (thermal) and lasts a life time.

I installed Therma-Tru doors about 10yrs ago and they have been excellent. I bought mine with a stain option and it looks like a dark walnut wood until you are right up close.

Opt for the pvc jambs and trim. I did not and ended up building them after the pine started to decay.
  Re: RE: Front door recommendations by jamesglenn (Fiberglass is defini...)
(08-31-2020, 08:21 AM)jamesglenn Wrote: Fiberglass is definitely the best option, minimal movement (thermal) and lasts a life time.

I installed Therma-Tru doors about 10yrs ago and they have been excellent. I bought mine with a stain option and it looks like a dark walnut wood until you are right up close.

Opt for the pvc jambs and trim. I did not and ended up building them after the pine started to decay.

Ours was a Therma-Tru purchased at Lowes. Very happy with it. It was a stock door. Very reasonable price (or I wouldn't have bought it) but it didn't have sidelights.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

When it comes to 'lectricity, I'm a pretty good wood turner.

... Grey Mountain 3/2/21

Provia for fiberglass and Simpson for wood doors are excellent choices.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.