Rockler Shipping is bad
(08-31-2020, 10:38 AM)fredhargis Wrote: You might want to compare the rates of Fedex and USP to the USPS. On everything I've shipped (maybe 2-3 times a month) they are substantially higher. 
I recently shipped through pirate ship and ups 2nd day was only a little more than usps. I was avoiding that site because I was put off by the name, but they seem like a real company and have been around a while.  Someone I know ships through them for their business, and that guy wouldn't put up with any nonsense. I have generally been perfectly happy with usps, but I figured with the holiday rush it might work better to go ups. I am not sure how ps gets those rates though, it seems like just getting a ups account barely saves any money at all. OTOH, there are specialty shipping brokers that get good deals from both ups and fedex, so it must be possible. Rockler's shipping people probably just haven't looked into it deeply enough. OTOH, until recently usps service has been exemplary for me.  In fact, I still have nothing to complain about, but I know others have had trouble.

I have to use pirate ship or paypal to ship usps because I have been banned from the usps website and there is no way to figure out how to get un-banned.  
Much cheaper anyway.

on edit: I guess the present tense of shipped has been used enough by spammers that it's in the filter. That's what all the stars are in my post.
(12-21-2021, 09:22 AM)EricU Wrote: I recently shipped through pirate ***** and ups 2nd day was only a little more than usps. I was avoiding that site because I was put off by the name, but they seem like a real company and have been around a while.  Someone I know ships through them for their business, and that guy wouldn't put up with any nonsense. I have generally been perfectly happy with usps, but I figured with the holiday rush it might work better to go ups. I am not sure how ps gets those rates though, it seems like just getting a ups account barely saves any money at all. OTOH, there are specialty shipping brokers that get good deals from both ups and fedex, so it must be possible. Rockler's shipping people probably just haven't looked into it deeply enough. OTOH, until recently usps service has been exemplary for me.  In fact, I still have nothing to complain about, but I know others have had trouble.

I have to use pirate ***** or paypal to ***** usps because I have been banned from the usps website and there is no way to figure out how to get un-banned.  
Much cheaper anyway.

on edit: I guess the present tense of shipped has been used enough by spammers that it's in the filter.  That's what all the stars are in my post.

I use Pirateship all the time really not sure why more don't.  Same sticker that USPS supplies only considerably less money in a lot of cases
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(09-27-2021, 06:59 AM)nervioral Wrote: Are you sure that you're just with Rockler Shipping? You've been using them for 20 years but reject them after the first made mistake? I’ve noticed that a lot of online stores have opened up recently. It is evident since almost all stores faced some issues with retailing due to the pandemic. But, in my opinion, new stores don’t do any market analyses before entering the industry. The most significant disadvantage of ordering there is that you have to wait for your order a little bit longer. Still, I prefer to save up some money and order from them. Also, my friend recently told me about the newgistics package tracking option. So, shipping became a little bit safer now.

This certainly wasn't the first issue and not because the PO screwed things up. It's because they aren't willing to ship another method available.
Jim