Rockler Shipping is bad
(09-01-2020, 09:25 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: A new twist, the USPS is really bad. If I track via Rockler it shows been in KC since Aug. 26, if I put the tracking # into the USPS tracking system it says they're waiting for the package.

Argh! 
Upset

Jim
I've had the same thing, occasionally, with shipments from Amazon and B&H Photo. I've had items delivered 2 days before USPS shows the package in their possession. It is not a Rockler issue. With so many people turning to home shopping the problem will probably get worse before it gets better. If your Christmas shopping isn't done extra early, Santa might not be coming down the chimney this year.

Bill

---
See ya later,
Bill
Folks don't realize how expensive shipping is and USPS is actually the only way to affordable ship small packages.  UPS wouldn't ship an empty box to your house a mile away for $7.
Are you sure that you're just with Rockler Shipping? You've been using them for 20 years but reject them after the first made mistake? I’ve noticed that a lot of online stores have opened up recently. It is evident since almost all stores faced some issues with retailing due to the pandemic. But, in my opinion, new stores don’t do any market analyses before entering the industry. The most significant disadvantage of ordering there is that you have to wait for your order a little bit longer. Still, I prefer to save up some money and order from them. Also, my friend recently told me about the newgistics package tracking option. So, shipping became a little bit safer now.
Happy you've got your parts and can get back to work.

As a couple of others have mentioned, shipping is a total crap-shoot these days, no matter where you order from or who it ships with. I ordered some mahogany crotch from Veneer Supplies last week and it shipped Fed Ex. I checked tracking on Monday and it said "arriving by 6 pm today" but was still listed as being in Chicago. It came Wednesday.

I also think Amazon Prime's 'free' 2 day shipping has really messed with everyone's expectations. I get downright annoyed/pissed when I have to pay standard shipping rates and wait a week. Of course getting mad isn't justified because the smaller businesses I order from have to cover the shipping cost. Its just that I've been conditioned to not worry about shipping price details. I think we're all going to have to adjust expectations with prices and shipping going forward. My understanding is that this problem is going to persist for some time. It is pandemic related but not exclusively.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
(12-17-2021, 02:41 PM)stoverix Wrote: Hello. There were problems with many parcels at the height of the pandemic. Delivery services could not cope with the load.

Well, at least in NJ/NY metro area, we're back to the peaks of infections from last year at this time.  And its not even omicron yet . . . was in the HD last week, maybe 25% of the people were masked, people are letting their guard down and that's gonna be bad....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Anyone who refuses to get the vaccine(s)/booster is asking for trouble IMO - but I digress. And "no" I'm not in favor of mandatory vaccines, but you roll the dice.......

I'm late to the party on this one but have had just the opposite experience in dealing with Rockler. Several months ago I decided to redo my entire dust control setup and went their Dust Right system. Ordered all the parts (many) and couldn't be more pleased. Actually decided to replace the main hose with a longer one AFTER it had arrived. Called Rockler CS and they sent me a return tag for the shorter one.

Doug
With omicron spreading, it is not looking good, and I don't think the normal we knew from the past will be here anytime soon. I just heard the winter woodworking shows had been cancelled.

I'm indifferent to whether people get the jabs or not but everyone should wear a mask indoors where mandated.

Simon
Not Rockler, but any that use cheapest methods for shipping.

Learned yesterday, that the January Brown MWTC Tool Sale & Auction, in York, PA, is cancelled. I base my year on two or three of these gatherings (my vacations/relaxation).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I just received a package from Rockler today.  I only ordered 2 or 3 days ago and it was on the steps this morning.  If you have a problem, maybe talk to Rockler and see if they have any other shipping options other than USPS if that's a problem for you.
I ordered something from a beekeeping supply company in Sept it showed up about a week back damaged.  Do I fault the company?  No it was FEDEX who lost the package and paid for the replacement although that was shipped using UPS and I received it the next day.  I don't know how long FEDEX can survive being this bad and covering lost/destroyed packages.  Retailers don't have a lot of options when it comes to shipping choices
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.