soft close mechanism for a pocket door.
I found this on line today:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5D..._526683410

It is a soft close mechanism for a pocket door.  If I had known about before I did the install, I would have put it in.  It would be a horrible amount of extra work after the fact though.

The video explains it perfectly and it looks like a scaled up version of the retro-fit drawer soft close mechanism from Rockler.  It might even be produced by the same company.

https://www.rockler.com/learn/updating-d...ft-closers
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
We put these on the pocket door that I installed during our master bathroom renovation a few years back and have been very happy with them. One works in each direction (closing the door and the door sliding into the pocket).

I also like that we used a solid core door for the pocket door. It has a nice feel to it. The soft close mechanism handles the extra weight fine.

Tyler
Good to know!!

Stupid question but seems like the soft close would be for soft opening??
(08-31-2020, 11:16 PM)OneStaple Wrote: We put these on the pocket door that I installed during our master bathroom renovation a few years back and have been very happy with them. One works in each direction (closing the door and the door sliding into the pocket).

I also like that we used a solid core door for the pocket door. It has a nice feel to it. The soft close mechanism handles the extra weight fine.

Tyler

+1 on the solid door.

Using a solid panel for pocket doors increases the quality of its operation. You have to buy the slab anyway... might as well upgrade for these.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(09-02-2020, 10:54 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Good to know!!

Stupid question but seems like the soft close would be for soft opening??

According to the literature on Amazon, you need to buy two to have a soft close and opening.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
(09-03-2020, 04:58 AM)splinter7612 Wrote: According to the literature on Amazon, you need to buy two to have a soft close and opening.

That's what I read too.  But adding $75.00 to the installation does not seem prohibitive.  However once the pocket track has been installed and walled in, it is not feasible to upgrade without tearing out the wall first.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.