Alternatives to bullnose tile
My tiling project involves going around a window with 3 1/2” ledges. A four inch bullnose tile would work great if I could get it. HD and Lowe’s have them but won’t ship here. 
I suppose I could use sills cut to fit, but seems like it would be clunky and heavy. Also would look strange on sides and top. 
Suggestions welcome!
VH07V  
Anodized or painted aluminum tile edging trim. Any tile supplier will have it, including the big box stores.

I've never used it on a window but I would if the circumstances called for it. I use in in shower niches and in some cases to terminate tile. Bull nose isn't really used much anymore except on countertops and tile counter tops are kind of a thing of the past too.

You can see it (sorry for the long distance pic) in the niches and on the sides and outside corners of the shower entry here:

Here's a Link to Shluter's trim. It doesn't have to be Schluter but it's the first thing that popped up with google. Easy to use and a lot cheaper than bullnose. https://www.schluter.com/schluter-us/en_...C/p/RONDEC

[Image: VC61Eol.jpg]

[Image: eXKtXfQ.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

You can also just cut your tile inside the window well to overlap the edge of the wall tile, flush with the wall tile. Factory edge out. It really doesn't look bad. A lot of shower niches are done that way too.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I have made my own bullnose pieces by beveling the cut first on a tile saw, and then shaping and polishing using an oscillating tool a diamond sanding pads. They turned out pretty nice. This only works on porcelain tile that has color throughout.
(09-02-2020, 11:35 AM)WoodCzech Wrote: I have made my own bullnose pieces by beveling the cut first on a tile saw, and then shaping and polishing using an oscillating tool a diamond sanding pads.  They turned out pretty nice.  This only works on porcelain tile that has color throughout.

Diamond radius 'stones' for your 4" grinder or stone polisher also work.  Doesn't look as nice as glazed edges, but just as good as the metal or plastic corners, IMO.edit: a lot of wall tile patterns also have a finished edge tile available. Not a true bull nose but intended to end a tile in the middle of a wall. Those would work and actually look better than bullnose
(09-02-2020, 12:27 PM)kencombs Wrote: Diamond radius 'stones' for your 4" grinder or stone polisher also work.  Doesn't look as nice as glazed edges, but just as good as the metal or plastic corners, IMO.edit:  a lot of wall tile patterns also have a finished edge tile available.  Not a true bull nose but intended to end a tile in the middle of a wall.  Those would work and actually look better than bullnose

Yes!  Actually I forgot that on my last project, I got a diamond radius blade for the tile saw.  That made it quicker and more uniform.  Still polished the edges with the diamond sander pads.
These tiles aren’t porcelain, so the radius bit won’t look to good.
VH07V  
Tongue 
I've seen both marble and granite used as sills. 

You can get marble thresholds at Lowes and Home depot.  You can cut it with a tile saw and trim it with a 4½ angle grinder.  You can smooth marble with a random oscillating sander.  I tried it on granite and got nowhere. 

A marble trim would probably look rich.  Either in tile or using threshold material. 

This company sells for window applications:  http://www.marblethresholds.com/SearchRe...gKhGPD_BwE

[Image: Old-house-DIY-bathroom-remodel-solution-...hower..jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I looked at the marble thresholds, they were pretty but way too thick...
VH07V  
(09-04-2020, 03:33 AM)EightFingers Wrote: I looked at the marble thresholds, they were pretty but way too thick...

You have to go all the way around anyway, right?

... Kizar Sosay