Land line cordless phone?
We still keep a landline (really VOIP from our internet provider)

We have had a Panasonic 4 handset cordless phone on it that’s getting a little long in the tooth at 10+ years old. 

It links via Bluetooth to 2 cellphones so you can take cell calls through it. 
This is really the only must have feature for a replacement 

Being as how I haven’t shopped for one in 10 years what new technology is a must have for home phones?

Or are they like buggy whips, nobody is doing any more new stuff with them since they are a going away
No idea what the newer technology is, but I'd still (and will) stay with Panasonic.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Panasonic cordless phones have always given me the best sound quality. I would look into them at Costco if you’re a member.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(09-02-2020, 10:47 AM)Woodenfish Wrote: Panasonic cordless phones have always given me the best sound quality. I would look into them at Costco if you’re a member.

10 years out of old Panasonic will definitely go with Panasonic. 

Unfortunately closest Costco is 90 miles away.

Duke
These things can be pricey for 4 phone sets. I also use VOIP phone line as a backup but I've evolved into buying the cheapest VTech cordless phone, about $15 at Office Depot, and use a simple ATT digital answering machine ($20, Walmart) as I don't answer any landline calls anymore due to the spam calls. They all last about 10 years. Your cable provider likely offers "Nomorobo" which is a free app you can sign up for that screens junk calls, so anyone who really wants to talk to me will leave voicemail.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
We have the same or similar phone system that we have used for over 10 years and it is still going strong. It is now connected using voip and our service provider (Comcast, Xfinity) has a cell phone app that makes the cell phones an extension of the voip system (no bluetooth required). The cell rings at the same time and you answer and talk from anywhere. Check with your service provider. If the Panasonic still works, why change it?
(09-03-2020, 03:51 PM)Willyou Wrote: We have the same or similar phone system that we have used for over 10 years and it is still going strong. It is now connected using voip and our service provider (Comcast, Xfinity) has a cell phone app that makes the cell phones an extension of the voip system (no bluetooth required). The cell rings at the same time and you answer and talk from anywhere. Check with your service provider. If the Panasonic still works, why change it?

V-tech is pretty good. I think it will be cheaper.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Bang & Olufsen's hard wired phones are easily the best on the market.  I have a hearing impairment and I bought those phones for each of my family members.  The improvement in sound quality outgoing is remarkable.  The phones do not have a loudness control and an amplifier will not work with them.  So they are helpful for incoming calls only.  But the difference in the quality of sound cannot be understated. 

They were expensive though.  When you could get a hard wired phone for under $20.00 back then, the B & O phones cost nearly $100.00.  But the microphones and speakers were high fidelity units and I feel they are well-worth the price.

I am not sure they are available anymore.  They also made a line of high-end wireless phones.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
A tangent:

Does anyone make a phone that can lower the volume on outgoing hold music? My Panasonic can do it but not nearly enough. On hold music is so loud, I have to hold the phone some distance from my ear, or put it on the table.
VH07V