Next Project?
I had no idea.  You learn something new every day (some days more than others).
I agree, Bandit's DTs look very good.

I have also been inspired by Bandit to build a DT box for my angle grinder and all it's accessories.  Unlike many of you, I have not figured out the photo posting.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
For me, I find if I do the doveatils "Pins" first.....I can get a tighter, and better fit....as I then use the pins to lay out the tails....when I cut the tails, I left as much of the line as I can...cutting on the waste side.    When cutting the pins, however....I tend to split the lines....and the saw usually just obliterates the lines.  

Ok...said I wanted to also build a box for the Pipe Threaders, and that single die.   Decided to go with the best of each size tap...retired the rest.    Laid out the pile on a board....arranged them a bit....bevel gauge needed to lay out an angle...

Bits of a pine 1 x 4 were cut up, ripped to widths....angles cut here and there....backer board was cut to size..then parts were glued into place....using the taps as spacers..

Left enough room for the Die....( and a couple others IF need be)..

I can now build a box around this assembly....will see how the lid will turn out....

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin 

Note on posting a photo:

There is a size restriction on this site...I usually shoot for 480 x 480 Pixels... usually under 170 KB

Down in attachments section,  hit the Browse button, search for the picture you want to post...hit open..save to this site....then where it says add attachment, hit that..then you will see an Insert into post button..click on that....this happens for each picture....you click back onto your post where you want the picture to go....I usually click on the last word, hit "Enter", then hit insert into post button...you will see a  [attachment=12345] where your picture will be, when you later hit [Post Reply].....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I like this design very much.  Looks like it will store very well in a nice small space.
Those taps and dyes are a steal.  They are the best kind of steel back then and wish I could have find that stash.   I am looking on EBay for a set and they want $150 but will replace any that are broken and with cobalt in them as well but not the sizes you have.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Intend to build a lidded box around that "rack".   Came out of the clamps this morning...
Winkgrin

Edges cleaned up and smoothed, and a few "pads" added.....as some spaces were deeper than the taps. 

Pads are not full length.   Because I can then push down on the end of the tap...

And the tap will tilt up enough that I can grab it.    Couple of chisels to make some spaces a better fit....

Cut and ripped a few blanks for the sides of a box....
Winkgrin

Through dovetails at the corners, again....rack will sit on the 1/4" plywood bottom panel.    Lid?    Intend to groove around the top of these blanks....may either use a Poplar raised panel, or just another Luann Plywood panel....then cut the lid free.    Will line the inside of the lid with a black, rust-resistant foam...to where the foam will help hold the taps in place.
Cool

Stay tuned.....waiting on Mr Gumption and Mr. Motivation to drag back to the shop...
Rolleyes
Going to be a "Lay out Day" , today...
Cool

Lay out where the groove for the plywood panel for the box's bottom will go....roughly 1/2" from the bottom of the sides to the top of the groove.

From there....how much room the rack will need to have.....

Mark that line....then how much room the foam pad will need...

Then, from the bottom of the lid's groove to the top of the lid....roughly 1/2" + the space for the foam pad....what is left of the 5-1/2" width is then removed....

Above the rack will be a saw kerf...allow for that....for when I split the lid from the box....Then layout the through dovetails to connect all 4 corners...

Take a break to allow the head to rest up ( time for a Diet Mountain Dew, Zero Sugar
Raised ).....before I start any sawing.....double check all lines...Gremlins might have smudged one or two?
Upset

THEN the saws can come out.   Have to reset the Stanley 45 to plow the grooves.....then see about raising a poplar panel with a handplane.....

Well, th rest of this week is all planned out....stay tuned
Winkgrin
"Best laid plans of Mice and Men...."

Checked how much I needed to trim the sides...
Uhoh 

Hmmm, need to LOWER two taps a bit?  

Then rounded up the usual suspects..
Rolleyes

Then milled a few Pins..

Used the Pins to lay out the tails, and mill those..

Then a dry fit..

Then another corner...test fit the rack to the 3 sides...

Seems it will fit...then get the other 2 corners done...

Looks like it will work.  Needed to reset the Stanley 45....

for a 1/4" by 3/16" deep groove....to house the 1/4" plywood bottom, and the Poplar panel for the lid....

Was also on Laundry Detail, today.   3 hours of shoptime, too.....remembered I needed to unload the dryer and haul the clothes upstairs....happened to see the 45 still sitting out...gave it a run.....8 grooves are now ploughed...in the time it took to write this episode.....
Cool

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Grooves are done, and they all line up
Winkgrin  

Set up a jig to hold the Poplar panel for the lid, and draw a stop line..

Get out a pair of handplanes...( add a couple more holders to the jig) 

Stanley #4, Type 10...Stanley #60-1/2.   Plane at a diagonal to the end grain, to make a beveled edge...checking to see when it will fit 

Do the end grain bevels first. so that any tear out is wiped away when doing the long grain edges...

And a nice sharp corner appears.   Do both long grain edges, checking the fit in the groove...does NOT need to go all the way to the bottom of the groove..

As I want a long room for expansion....then a dry fit of all the parts...or at least try a dry fit...

This is the second try...first one showed the length was a tad long.    Trimmed the "excess" off at the mitre box (~1/8" or so) re-do the bevel til it again fits...
Cool

Was a busy morning.    Need to cut the 1/4" plywood panel for the bottom of the box, find out where the cut to split off the lid will be....better fit those 2 huge taps...and then...maybe think about a glue up?
Rolleyes

We'll see how today goes...stay tuned
Winkgrin
Well, while watching the Furnace Repair Techs work over my furnace ( gas, forced air..)I did get a few things done.   A plywood panel was cut to fit....the larger taps were lowered down in the tray, and a hole for the Die drilled..

Then, when I returned to take a picture of the  finished tray....8 clamps showed up...and a bottle of glue...
Rolleyes 

I think 8 should be enough to do the job..
Winkgrin