Does anyone read Japanese?
I got the dovetail saw from Japan, sourced through Stan Covington. Wow. I know, I know, I'll post photos later.

This was included in the package. Can anyone translate?

[Image: i-X84zW7d-M.jpg]

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Google can translate Japanese.  If you can get a good picture of it.
Try your local colleges, see if they have a language program, or, in a pinch... Always japanese restaurant. 
Big Grin

Bonus... You get take out at the same time.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Call Stan. He should help.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Since there are 5 Honda auto plants in my area.....I could always have a friend take a copy to work....and see if they could translate.....?
Winkgrin

Looks more like how the blade is to slide into the handle....handle at top of page, blade at the bottom...the horizontal lines being the wrap at the end of the handle,  and show which way the blade has to go into the handle's slot.
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
FYI your picture is upside down.  This might affect machine translation. I only took Japanese classes long enough to learn there were 2 writing systems and at least 2000 Chinese characters to learn for even basic literacy.
As is pointed out its upside down.  My wife did a really quick rough translation on her lunch break today. A few words are not clear so if you can take a better photo please?  A lot of those characters are whole words not letters so if you miss one you miss the whole word.  Red text indicates where the txt comes from on the photo.  Parentheses indicate an unreadable word.
Very roughly.-
Longer section that should be on the left
If the handle is loose, wrap vinyl cord vertically around the edge of the komi. About 5 to 8 cm. Depending on the situation, it may be wrapped around the () side. * The blade is
If it is (), wind it from the blade side.

Shorter section that should be on the right
The beginning of the string is on the back of the saw blade.
Yes, it was upside down. A friend raised in japan translated it for me. Pieced together from Facebook messages, she says:

So it says, “in case if the handle is loose, you will wrap a tape vertical as shown about 5 to 8 cm long. Look how it works, and you may want to put tape on both sides. *if the sharp edge is strong, you can wrap from the sharp edge side.”

Lots of technical terms. Hope you understand what he’s taking about.

And at the right top

If you have the paper on the right side up

He’s showing the back side

And saying that beginning of the wrapping looks like that

His center sketch is showing the handle

Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(09-04-2020, 11:31 AM)mongo Wrote: As is pointed out its upside down.  My wife did a really quick rough translation on her lunch break today. A few words are not clear so if you can take a better photo please?  A lot of those characters are whole words not letters so if you miss one you miss the whole word.  Red text indicates where the txt comes from on the photo.  Parentheses indicate an unreadable word.
Very roughly.-
Longer section that should be on the left
If the handle is loose, wrap vinyl cord vertically around the edge of the komi. About 5 to 8 cm. Depending on the situation, it may be wrapped around the () side. * The blade is
If it is (), wind it from the blade side.

Shorter section that should be on the right
The beginning of the string is on the back of the saw blade.

Thank you! I totally missed seeing this post until now. Much appreciated.
Best,
Aram, always learning