Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS
Anyone know anything about the saw? Fence any good?

What I'm really looking for is any red flags - reasons not to purchase.

TIA
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Photo 
(09-05-2020, 06:57 PM)cputnam Wrote: Anyone know anything about the saw?  Fence any good?  

What I'm really looking for is any red flags - reasons not to purchase.

TIA

I bought this saw about a year ago with the mobile base (a must if you need it mobile. Best mobile base I've ever owned). Space was a real issue now that I'm in a garage work space. The table is cast iron and the fence while not a Beisemeyer (which I had on my Delta saw) works similar and locks down tight. It's not truly 2HP since it works on 110V. I've sawed 8/4 without a problem but you can easily over power the saw and slow down the blade with a too fast of a feed rate. Overall I'm happy with the saw. The only annoying issue I have with it and I complained to Grizzly is that it's a cabinet saw with NO door on either side for easy cleaning. You have to remove countless crappy screws to get inside. They agreed this was a over looked item. I may refit it with a door using a piano hinge. I forgot how to post pic's here. It's been awhile. PM me with your email and I can send you a few pic's.
Thanks Mike. Don't need pics unless you do a door refit
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
No personal experience and I've not fondled one, but my cousin bought one and reports he is very happy with it. So, for what it's worth....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I am also considering this TS. I have watched a couple of the reviews on YouTube. The one with 73k views at 18min47s long gives a good overview of the saw. He paid much less at the time of his purchase (like $750) so I wonder what makes the saw worth $175 more now.

My only hesitation buying this saw is the quality. I read a few bad reviews on Amazon that question the build quality and quality of materials used. I have limited experience with Grizzly, but if they have good support then this is a smaller issue.
(09-22-2020, 02:12 PM)kevhead Wrote: I am also considering this TS. I have watched a couple of the reviews on YouTube. The one with 73k views at 18min47s long gives a good overview of the saw. He paid much less at the time of his purchase (like $750) so I wonder what makes the saw worth $175 more now.

My only hesitation buying this saw is the quality. I read a few bad reviews on Amazon that question the build quality and quality of materials used. I have limited experience with Grizzly, but if they have good support then this is a smaller issue.

Again, no personal experience with this saw, but I've had several griz products, including most recently a 3hp resaw bandsaw, and the build quality has been good, and the support is also good.  Most of your issues will arise from shipping and griz always makes it right.  I discount most Amazon reviews, for what that's worth.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis