The Walnut You Never Knew
Interesting article on walnut, focused on gunstocks but some interesting background on the types of walnut, etc

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/the-walnu...ever-knew/
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
And thus.........Larry Potterfield ended/dismembered the long gunstock history here In Missouri.
All the old buildings still stand, different businesses occupying them.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-06-2020, 08:39 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: And thus.........Larry Potterfield ended/dismembered the long gunstock history here In Missouri.
All the old buildings still stand, different businesses occupying them.

I prefer the claro or Bastonge, myself, but often get plain old American walnut. Much less expensive. I seem to sneeze a lot when working with any kind of walnut, but do like the smell.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
(09-07-2020, 07:31 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: I prefer the claro or Bastonge, myself, but often get plain old American walnut. Much less expensive. I seem to sneeze a lot when working with any kind of walnut, but do like the smell.
Smile

I prefer the black or American.
Black has it's places though. Too dark for a lot of things.....furniture.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020