Gun Cleaning Box - 50 Cal. Ammo Can
Did this back in June - just getting around to posting.  I originally wanted to use walnut but ended up using 1/4" baltic birch plywood.  Both pieces are finger jointed.  The lower box does not have a bottom and supports the upper smaller box. Finish is amber shellac.  "CLEANING" label was spray painted on using a stencil I made with my wife's Silhouette Cameo cutting machine.

BEFORE:
[Image: F6MW4Ww.jpg]  [Image: Zu2WzC9.jpg]

AFTER:
[Image: lzOqt4j.jpg]  [Image: HzFCdCJ.jpg?1]

[Image: Dq2VJhK.jpg]  [Image: gl6BNGx.jpg]

[Image: OQWNuoW.jpg?1]  [Image: SbqVus3.jpg]
Very nice.  It's always easier to have some organization to any task rather than having to dig thru to find things.
I got tired of digging thru drawers for my tools and built an armorer's tool box.
The wife was disappointed, watching the build, she thought it was going to be a large jewelry chest.
 "Tools?" 
Slap. " You are gonna put tools in that! "

Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I like this, I may have to "copy" your idea.
Really nice, I have a few of those I use them for storage might have to find another
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Looks really nice, and good to have everything in one place. I label everything these days, because either I can't find it or can't remember what I put in it. Well done.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(09-14-2020, 08:13 AM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Looks really nice, and good to have everything in one place.   I label everything these days, because either I can't find it or can't remember what I put in it.   Well done.

I'm with you on labeling things.  I've added labels to the tins since I took the pictures posted above.  The silver tin for the oily rags came from the Container Store - they have various sizes.  The "grease" container is a used travel Advil container.

[Image: 2ET06sL.jpg]
Nice job and great way to organize. I have a "few" of those ammo boxes 
Wink
Tell us about the Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. That might be a nice to have it not expensive.
(09-15-2020, 11:51 AM)wood-chips Wrote: Nice job and great way to organize. I have a "few" of those ammo boxes 
Wink
Tell us about the Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. That might be a nice to have it not expensive.

I think they are around $300.  My wife bought it to do her scrapbooking but I think my daughter and I use it more than her.  It's reminds me of an old HP pen plotter but with a blade instead of a pen (although I think you can use a pen with it also).  It connects to the computer and moves the paper (or vinyl or fabric) back and forth and the blade goes from side to side to cut out whatever you want.  The paper/vinyl/fabric is attached to a plastic carrier that is coated with a sticky substance (think giant upside down plastic sticky note).  The width is limited to 12 inches but the length is unlimited as long as you have a carrier long enough.

I've used it to make a bunch of stencils over the years (scout patrol boxes, garbage cans, etc.).  My daughter uses it to cut sticky vinyl designs and letters to stick on insulated drink cups.  

[Image: C3caSL8.jpg]