wood fille wont stain with iron acetate stain
I have built a patio chair out of cedar that I would like to stain with iron acetate solution.  I have filled the countersunk screw holes with Minwax stainable wood filler,  That filler will not absorb the iron acetate stain  so 
I am stuck with yellow globs of filler.  For anyone who has used this stain, are there fillers compatible with iron acetate?  Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks.
Your problem is that the iron acetate reacts with compounds in the wood called tannins to create the color. The filler isn't wood so won't have the tannins needed. I guess you could add some to the filler (I understand some teas have tannins) but I'm still not sure it would work. But it might be easier to do something else. Either paint the filler (maybe to resemble plugs) or remove it and replace with cedar plugs. After that I'm out of ideas; maybe someone else will have something better.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You can create your own filler using wood glue and sawdust. You'll need to remove some of the filler you already have in place.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill