One more bandsaw box
Had a small gift for a friend that needed a special box. i didn't have material wide enough to make from one piece so did a glue up of cherry and maple. We had discussions here about flocking and I bought a kit with hunter green material but decided that I preferred the look of finished wood to flocked so sanded the inside the best I could by hand after assembly, then added a couple coats of Bush Oil inside and out. After a couple days to dry I rubbed it out with Liberon paste wax and 0000 steel wool. I LOVE the smell of that wax! The knob is kingwood finished with Behlen's friction polish.

Here's the results, sorry I didn't take any process pics. Comments welcomed!

Thanks for looking,

g

I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
That turned out very nice.  Excellent job.

You'll find that sanding the insides of the drawers and the cavities, (lightly here or you get a sloppy fit), is much easier before glue up.

As far as needing a single piece, that's the beauty of bandsaw boxes.  Often some of the most beautiful pieces are the ones cut from layered slabs of complimentary woods. 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Thanks Jim,
There's one on my bench in process that was sanded inside before assembly, as will all future boxes. These are a hoot to make, don't take a big time investment and are appreciated by recipients.

The FWW videos by Michael Cullen is informative, interesting, easy to follow and, best of all, free. https://www.finewoodworking.com/videowor...sawn-boxes

Thanks again., g

(09-14-2020, 08:59 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Thanks Jim,
There's one on my bench in process that was sanded inside before assembly, as will all future boxes. These are a hoot to make, don't take a big time investment and are appreciated by recipients.

The FWW videos by Michael Cullen is informative, interesting, easy to follow and, best of all, free. https://www.finewoodworking.com/videowor...sawn-boxes

Thanks again.,  g

I enjoy looking at the bandsaw boxes you are making. Also, thanks for the link to the Fine Woodworking article.

Bill

---
See ya later,
Bill
(09-14-2020, 08:40 PM)Bill_de Wrote: I enjoy looking at the bandsaw boxes you are making. Also, thanks for the link to the Fine Woodworking article.

Bill

---

(09-14-2020, 11:37 PM)iclark Wrote: It depends on your OS and browser.

If you are using windows, holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the +/= key will make fonts larger.

Ctrl-key and zero key will go back to default font size.

Thanks Bill,
FWW sent out a link to those videos in April, I watched the first one then and decided to revisit when I had time and ambition simultaneously. Glad I did, they're a hoot to make.

g

Well done!!  I really like how you made the lighter color come to the points which makes it look better.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks Arlin, 17171717
g