More Tool Organization
As I make modes to my tool chest, I am making a few items to better organize tools. I saw this on Instagram posted on LN's account. Made by @Lanesborowdwkr    I copied it as best as I could. 

The LN 98 & 99 are awkward to store. I have a place in the chest that this fits perfectly. 

Still need a little sanding and a coat or two of finish.
Wow! Very nice!

What is the wood?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Great design! Now I need to go through the scrap box and make one for my #98 and 99.  thanks for the idea.
(09-16-2020, 08:29 PM)iclark Wrote: Wow! Very nice!

What is the wood?

Cherry with walnut at the ends.
That's awesome looking Scoony.

If possible, and appropriate, could you provide the dimensions of the box, the inside blocks, and the spacing between the cutouts. I'm not as skilled as you, but wish to attempt to replicate what you did.

Thanks
Got a coat of finish on the 98 & 99 case as well as a blade holder for Stanley #50 blades.

I use Minwax Antique Oil a lot and would be my recommendation for wooden hand planes and saw handles. 

As far as dimensions. The two side pieces can be any thickness and I have 2 different thickness. 1/4" would work there. The hight is 2 1/8" tall.

The center is divided between the rear spacer and the front spacer.

The rear spacer is 5/8" thick and are L shaped. The cut out is 1 11/16" deep and wide enough to house the depth stop and nut. Center divider is 3/4" wide.

The front spacer is 1/2" thick  and is simply a strip running along the bottom. The depth from the top is 1 5/16". Center divider is 1/4" wide.  

The end pieces are trimmed to fit. The hole for the handle is 3/4" and for the blade nut is 5/8"  

Hope this helps. And yes, that is a pretty nasty nick on that #50 blade.
And the case in position in the tool chest all the way to the right rear. Some how I got lucky and it is a perfect fit.

Very nice! (more characters so message will be posted)