Stanley 60 1/2 block plane for sale
Hi folks. 

I have a Stanley 60 1/2 block plane for sale.   This is an adjustable mouth low angle plane which works excellent on end grain.  It’s also the one of the planes Lie Nielsen copied.  This one is garage sale fresh so I cleaned it up a bit and sharpened it.  It works a treat.  There is some missing japanning, the obligatory white paint splatters and a bit of rust.  There is a very small chip out of the mouth and what might be a very small crack at the corner of the mouth. This is not unusual on these planes as the 12 degree bed is pretty thin but neither seem to have any negative effect in use. I hit the sole with a some 150 on a granite plate to clean it up a bit, it will need a bit more if you want the it perfectly flat.  It makes wispy shavings on end grain and edge grain.  Check out the pictures!!

This will ship in the US in a small flat rate box for $8 and change, so how about $28 shipped.  US sales only please.  PayPal or personal check is fine.  Pm for more pics, questions or to buy.  

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files Image(s)

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
(09-19-2020, 10:19 PM)Jonathan S Wrote: Hi folks. 

I have a Stanley 60 1/2 block plane for sale.   This is an adjustable mouth low angle plane which works excellent on end grain.  It’s also the one of the planes Lie Nielsen copied.  This one is garage sale fresh so I cleaned it up a bit and sharpened it.  It works a treat.  There is some missing japanning, the obligatory white paint splatters and a bit of rust.  There is a very small chip out of the mouth and what might be a very small crack at the corner of the mouth. This is not unusual on these planes as the 12 degree bed is pretty thin but neither seem to have any negative effect in use. I hit the sole with a some 150 on a granite plate to clean it up a bit, it will need a bit more if you want the it perfectly flat.  It makes wispy shavings on end grain and edge grain.  Check out the pictures!!

This will ship in the US in a small flat rate box for $8 and change, so how about $28 shipped.  US sales only please.  PayPal or personal check is fine.  Pm for more pics, questions or to buy.  

Thanks for looking.

PM sent
(09-20-2020, 07:40 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: PM sent

Plane is sold.  Thanks

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Good price for a great plane (the vintage of yours makes it all the more desirable as a user).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com