New for my utility saw (oscillating)
I was stripping and painting the 15 lite bay window on my home.  Some of the caulking is probably original to the house (built in 1953), and is hard as a rock.  It is also cracking and breaking off in places. 

My efforts to chip away at the caulk were strenuous and not particularly effective.  Then I bought this blade from Amazon.com.  It has a knife-sharp chisel edge around the entire perimeter and is probably about 1/8"  to 3/16" thick at the middle.  That made quick work of the job.  And the blade was still sharp when I was done.  Just $13.00 on Amazon.com and I recommend it for this purpose. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015P0...UTF8&psc=1

[Image: 4146fzMaP2L._AC_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Added to my shopping list. thanks.

I've these when putting down shingles.  Cuts through them like butter.

https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-MM430-Osci...B00U5TNJ86

bosch and a few other manufacturer's make a similar blade.
[Image: 61yxu3ntQ7L._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg]

sure beats a utility knife with a hook blade.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

What multitool are you using?  I've got some floor grout that could really use a refresh, and I was thinking of investing in a multitool to shave down the surface but don't know anything about them.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I have the ridgid 18v....mostly because that's what I have batteries already for.  But having the interchangable heads is kinda nice.  right angle drill, right angle impact, multitool, etc all using the same body.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I have a DeWalt corded version.   It got good reviews and I 've been happy with it.

There have been times when I wish I was free from the cord and if I had to do over again I would buy a battery powered version.

I got it for trimming the bottoms of molding for the installation of flooring.  It is fast and easy to use and the learning curve is very short. 

Since then I've used it for many different applications and it has been a good investment.

This blade seems very handy for electrical work.  I don't do enough to justify the $55.00 price, but it sure looks neat.

https://youtu.be/RTHC3EdeLo8
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have a Harbor Freight corded version. Does everything I want it to do at much less the cost of the others, though blade changes require a hex wrench.

I have had the PC tailed model for many years—no apologies.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I absolutely hate the fact the tool mfr companies didn't standardize on the blade holes for these saws.  You never buy a 7.25" circular saw blade and say "oh, what brand saws does this fit", or a drill bit...etc.
Drives me crazy when they do this.

Colin
(09-21-2020, 08:58 AM)Cooler Wrote: I was stripping and painting the 15 lite bay window on my home.  Some of the caulking is probably original to the house (built in 1953), and is hard as a rock.  It is also cracking and breaking off in places. 

My efforts to chip away at the caulk were strenuous and not particularly effective.  Then I bought this blade from Amazon.com.  It has a knife-sharp chisel edge around the entire perimeter and is probably about 1/8"  to 3/16" thick at the middle.  That made quick work of the job.  And the blade was still sharp when I was done.  Just $13.00 on Amazon.com and I recommend it for this purpose. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015P0...UTF8&psc=1

[Image: 4146fzMaP2L._AC_.jpg]

Looks very similar to what I had made from an old oscillating saw blade to remove caulk about 10 years ago.  I guess I should have patented it
Big Grin