JessEm Stock Guides for Table Saws
I posted this in woodworking but meant to put it here.

Anybody have any experience with these.  They get good reviews elsewhere and Woodcraft has them on sale.
[Image: large_thumb.jpg?c=1599804025]
JessEm - Clear-Cut Precision Stock Guides For Table Saws, # 04301

Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYht5XKjFiU

I think that's what he has on his tablesaw, he talks about them a bit.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Have a set on my SawStop with a T-glide fence. On my old Uni-saw, I had a set of Board Buddies and often utilized feather boards. Been using the “Stock Guides” for about 3 years now and would buy them again.

I find the Jessem “Stock F Guides” to be well made, easy to adjust, and also not as obtrusive as the Board Buddies. Prior to mounting the guide rail to a piece of ¾” plyw’d, I drilled holes for two Mag Switch magnets for easy on/easy off.

Still use the feather boards, but not as often as the Stock Guides rollers are designed to pull the stock into the fence.
I have them and really like them. Wish I would have done what Ray did with the mag switches. The guides do tend to get in the way if you try to use them with narrow stock. If you don’t want to use them, they rotate out of the way pretty easily.
I have them and like them a lot.
On my Hammer K3 rip fence they needed a custom fitting. The JessEm works well to produce a glue-ready edge for panels ...

[Image: Y1a.jpg]

I like them enough to get the router table set as well ..

[Image: RTF7a.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(09-21-2020, 01:32 PM)dwg Wrote: I posted this in woodworking but meant to put it here.

Anybody have any experience with these.  They get good reviews elsewhere and Woodcraft has them on sale.
[Image: large_thumb.jpg?c=1599804025]
JessEm - Clear-Cut Precision Stock Guides For Table Saws, # 04301

Thanks
I have them and love them. They are easy to get out of the way and work really well. I get much better rips on plywood than before and the anti kickback works well.
If you have a riving knife, and use a push block, I don't see the use.

Someone explain how you push 1 or 2" cut through the blade when you've got them blocking a push block or stick?
The Jessem look nice but have a pretty hefty price tag. These Woodworker Supply versions have been around for years are a LOT less money... not quite as refined as the Jessem but I think they pretty much work the same. I actually owned the WWS versions years and years ago but probably sold them off 10 years ago because for me they turned into a solution looking for a problem. HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Actually, shop made featherboards are just as effective in my experience, if used with a splitter. That being said, convenience factor is something to consider, but once I set up for a ripping session with featherboards and clamps, I can't really say the commercial products add all that much in functionality.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis