Interior wall finish?
Well, we are about ready to tape , mud and texture my new shop walls. When I was asked what texture / finish I wanted on the walls, I just blurted out, "Oh, just do a regular "knock down" texture". 
Was I right?  I've never textured a wood working shop.  Then I got to thinking I'd better ask for other ideas.

Is there a better option for finished drywall texture?
John

Chisel And Bit
Custom Crafted Furniture
john626fry@gmail.com

I'm not sure what "knock down" is.  In our house we have "splatter and drag".  They shoot on the texture then drag it almost flat.  I like the looks but it chips too easy.  My garage shop was textured with a short nap roller (very little texture).

For a shop I prefer less texture.  But what do I know?  

John, I hope you will be showing us some pictures of the shop.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I can't help but think that textured walls in a shop will accumulate dust, unless the dust collection and air filtration is absolutely world class.

My shop has OSB walls that are painted white.  The OSB still collects some dust because, I believe, of the rough surface of the OSB.  However, I chose the OSB because I wanted easy ability to hang stuff on the wall anywhere (within weight-bearing constraints of OSB.)

I second the request for pictures of the shop, John.
I agree with Waxman,  I have textured walls in the garage, and they hold a lot of wood dust.
I have white painted OSB on a good portion of my shop walls for the same reason. (Still haven't finished; too many projects) There is actually very little of the wall still exposed. I think I was hanging shelves, clamp racks and tools before the paint had dried. I would go for a flat finish. I had also thought about a French cleat around the perimeter like a chair or picture rail but with the OSB I addressed the mounting concerns.

I know you've already got drywall but for others considering OSB; I pre-finished the sheets on the floor. first coat was pour some paint spread/scrape it with a wide joint knife. About 15 minutes and a dozen sheets later I rolled on the second coat. It does collect some dust but I "dust" my shop with an air chuck in one hand and a leaf blower in the other.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
2 stage drywall mud/tape, prime and paint. NO texture for reasons already stated.
Hi John,

Did the smooth finish on my drywall shop walls - no texture. All painted white; would do it again.

Doug
(09-22-2020, 10:34 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: 2 stage drywall mud/tape, prime and paint. NO texture for reasons already stated.

Bears repeating, the dust is going to be a problem with any texture. Just a light color paint.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
My shop walls are painted drywall no texture and I still get dust stuck to it.

I concur with others: skip the texture.

White paint too. Trim work is mostly pine 1x2’s I put polyurethane on
For shops I would use an orange peel finish.  It reduces echos slightly more then unfinished and it is still smooth enough that the dust blows off easily.
WoodNET... the new safespace