Finish for curly maple
Hi folks, 
I am wrapping up a curly maple wall cabinet for the laundry room. 
What would be a good finish that would not darken or give it a yellow hue while still bringing out the figure in depth like an oil based wipe on can. 
For now I just tried a coat of seal a cell from general finishes. It did add that slight BLO type yellow hue unfortunately. 
Just PU or a coat of wax? 
I dont plan on using a spray gun. 
Please and thank you.
The Apple wont fall;
Let's go and shake the tree.
At the time, I did not know how prone maple is to yellowing.  Twenty-one years ago the painter sprayed our beautiful (almost white) maple cabinets with an oil base clear coat of some kind.  Now they are very yellow.  I've heard two things: 1. use water base finish, 2. use a UV inhibitor.  

Good luck with the research!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I experimented with GF Arm-R-Seal, Watco Danish Natural Danish Oil, and Minwax Antique Oil.

The Antique Oil yellowed the least on maple and is what I use on my small box projects. I'm not sure if its enough protection in a laundry room???
It will be hard to do, at least for the long term. The maple itself will darken over time...and I think it will happen regardless of your attempts to prevent it. But using a water borne finish is about as close as you'll come. Bear in mind some waterborne have a slight tint to mimic their oil based counterpart, so choose carefully. It's usually explained on the label if they are tinted. I know John Tencyk (?) suggests GF Enduro Clear Poly (as I recall), and the next time I need such protection I'm planning on trying it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The clearest finishes are water based. I've used Varathane water based for two set of stairs and the finished dried very clear.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
There is a class of finishes that go on clear and stay that way for a very long time.  They contain a dual UV protection system, one that keeps the finish itself from yellowing and a second (HA = Hindered Amine) that keeps the underlying wood from aging.  SW's Kem Aqua Plus is the one product I know that contains both stabilizers.  However, it's spray only.  For a brushable product I'd pick GF's High Performance Poly.  It has a UV protection system, but I'm not sure it has the HA component, too.  In any case, the finish itself won't yellow for a very long time and it's a brushable product, unlike Enduro Clear Poly which is my personal favorite.   

John
Thanks for chiming in everyone. 
Will explore the options suggested.
The Apple wont fall;
Let's go and shake the tree.