Hardwood prices?
I sell hardwood lumber locally and have raised the price of walnut several times over the past 4 or 5 years. In contrast to that my price for cherry is the same it was in 2004; it's never changed.

The hardwood market is completely different than commodity construction lumber.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(09-28-2020, 08:58 AM)stoppy Wrote: I passed on some simple 1X pine because of price.  Asked the manager if and when he thought prices would go down.  He said, "Next spring."  I'm hoping he's right.

I cleaned out my shed last week. I have a little Bubinga, Walnut, Wild Tambron, and less  Cherry. I have a couple hundred bf of Hard Maple. Being an old retired guy this should hold me until spring. 
Laugh
See ya later,
Bill
(09-24-2020, 05:02 AM)KC Wrote: Like others, I've delayed buying some construction material because the prices are stupid right now.  Are hardwood prices way up as well?

I bought several bundles of poplar and white oak this morning from a local vendor. One of the sales guys said the mills have plenty of stock (in the upper Midwest, anyway) but they can't get it delivered to retail shops.  He said a lot of our truckers are out west because they're getting fire-related hazard pay. Another customer confirmed that.  So...maybe that's driving up prices a bit.  

White oak seemed a little higher than usual. Same with poplar.